• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light; kensa/any

for every tyrant, a tear for the vulnerable
    in every lost soul, the bones of a miracle

“He is that.” Laughs Kensa, thinking of Valek as the two mares stride at a relaxed pace through the snow and across frozen ground. In the distance she can she the bay boy slipping into the wide canyon between two of the mountains on his way to the Cove. “Loess is a place with a very interesting variety of features. I’ve been there myself, once.” Though the circumstances had been undesirable and it is not a memory she reaches for. Instead, as they stop on the lake shore she gazes out over the water with an expression she’s worn many times, part pride, part awe. “It freezes fully sometimes. The first year of the plague I went and stood out there in the middle of it. I didn’t have any children to avoid setting a bad example for back then.” He topaz eyes flick back to Lethy with a laugh. “I’m glad you like it, if you decide you want to stay you are more than welcome to. It would be good to have another friend here.”

kensa
    for every dreamer, a dream. we're unstoppable with something to believe in.

@[Izora Lethia] Sorry it ended up so short. We can close this here if you want and jump forward to after she loses her baby?

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light; kensa/any - by Kensa - 05-24-2019, 08:11 PM