• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light; kensa/any

for every tyrant, a tear for the vulnerable
    in every lost soul, the bones of a miracle

Kensa hates the winter. At least this winter she is free of plague and rapidly returning to the buxom creature she’d been before the illness had ravaged her body for years. Hyaline provides for them plentifully even as it claws back from the plague years. She is once again rounding with a child, this one conceived in love and fury, a whole thing made between two broken hearts.  Valek, last spring’s colt, interrogates Kensa on the purpose and origin of snow until the mother of four is all but ready to swear off reproducing all together. The still small infant in her belly kicks and wiggles, and the warm feeling that suffused her changes her mind once more.
    “Valek darling, why don’t you go to the Cove and see if there is snow down there?” The boy practically springs to alertness, gives her the clumsiest nudge goodbye and runs off in the direction of the coast… likely to try and tell Dawn all about snow.

Kensa’s attention redirects to the sound of her name being called by a vaguely familiar voice. Brow furrowed lightly the Primarch canters lightly toward the sound. Her expression rapidly melting into happy recognition. “Lethy!” Her silvery voice rings out the moment she recognizes the buckskin mare. “I am so pleased to see you here, I didn’t know…” She trails off, shaking her head, tired of the years of plague and wondering if she would ever see her friends and acquaintances again. Instead she takes a bracing breath, reaching out to greet the other mare with the briefest touch. “Welcome to Hyaline. Tell me how you have been!”

kensa
    for every dreamer, a dream. we're unstoppable with something to believe in.

@[Izora Lethia]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light; kensa/any - by Kensa - 05-05-2019, 07:11 PM