• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Offer you a better life; Litotes
    It is true.

The rulers do not have to like each other to rule next to each other. Though, Litotes does quite have a distaste for leading under anyone. Not that he cannot swallow his pride and follow orders - it is more that the last time he blindly listened, he was cast aside like a mother cat leaves a sick kitten.

So, it is only natural that he does not believe a damn word that comes out of Ilma’s mouth.

The Queen delivers her story, hardly offering the Archon a chance to object. Litotes does not find a moment he feels he needs to interject, though he does find it irritating to have to sit through the same story for what feels like the one millionth time. Patience is kind, though; and he finds what reserve he has of it purely to not laugh in Ilma’s face. It is truly maddening, the way the diplomats have spun around him as if they can catch him in some web. If he were a lesser man, he would have snapped some months ago.

Alas, lesser men do not carry the same iron chains of unkempt spite.

When Ilma finishes, Lie regards her with an analytical stare. He has already made his decision, but desires to scan the earnestness of her face before responding. That same kindness remains in her eyes. The cremello just does not understand it.

“I have no love for those who look up to Kagerus,” he begins, pausing for a moment as if to ponder his next phrasing, “and it is clear the East still loves the previous ruling.” Litotes’ mouth is a hard line when he stops, golden eyes aloof as he stares into the Cove’s skyline. “But I do enjoy leading warriors, and I find it quite fascinating you would trust me with a position so quickly.” His gaze drifts back to Ilma’s. “I accept the position of General, though there is something you, Clayton, and Dawn must absolutely get straight.” Even Lie is a bit surprised at the ice in his tone when he finishes:

“My only allegiance is to myself.”

@[Ilma]

Messages In This Thread
    Offer you a better life; Litotes - by Ilma - 04-17-2019, 12:51 PM
    RE: Offer you a better life; Litotes - by litotes - 04-25-2019, 04:48 PM
    RE: Offer you a better life; Litotes - by Ilma - 04-27-2019, 10:07 AM
    RE: Offer you a better life; Litotes - by litotes - 05-04-2019, 07:40 PM
    RE: Offer you a better life; Litotes - by Ilma - 05-06-2019, 08:50 AM
    RE: Offer you a better life; Litotes - by litotes - 05-08-2019, 11:35 PM
    RE: Offer you a better life; Litotes - by Ilma - 05-09-2019, 03:21 AM