• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Offer you a better life; Litotes

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

I’m wary, but it’s not showing, when I walk from the Cove into Pangea to find it’s supposed leader once more. This time I know I’ll get an answer, and I feel pretty much the same as when I went to find Castile after my trip to the Mountain, receiving what now impresses itself onto me as an impossible-looking quest. Make peace for yourself, the perhaps we can help you.

I’d been a former friend, carefully testing the waters, knowing that my friend had been damaged. But I’m not about to give up on any of them. Unlike a certain predecessor, perhaps.

I still hardly believe she did it - nor do I understand why. In fact I had believed for a long time that it was something they had mutually agreed to (albeit maybe reluctantly) when the cremello stallion had been in Loess. But it’s in the past and no matter how much I didn’t like the decision when I finally found out how it had come to pass - I cannot change the past. I may be able to predict parts of the near future, but that only means that I know this discussion will not be an easy one.

After all, his allegiance would be with Loess more than the Cove. I wonder what he would think of my other ideas - ideas however, that would depend so greatly on my next encounter, that I could not share them with him right now.

I’ve seen Pangea once before - it’s pretty okay, but also pretty barren. Nothing like the Cove with it’s waving grasses, even though there also, the land seems empty to me at times. It’s Hyaline with her mountains and forested slopes that I’ll always compare a land to, and find it unfit to replace her as a home. Unfortunately, sometimes we just better make do with what we currently have.

Perhaps our plans may yet align, I muse by myself, walking the landscape until I find his scent. Then, I stop and let out a whinny for the new Archon. If that’s what he wants to call himself still, that is. The title seems almost cursed to me, what with its former bearers not lasting very long.

If he wants to change anything, now would be the only time, I believe.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[litotes] I keep messing up with the non-capital names haha oops
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    Offer you a better life; Litotes - by Ilma - 04-17-2019, 12:51 PM
    RE: Offer you a better life; Litotes - by litotes - 04-25-2019, 04:48 PM
    RE: Offer you a better life; Litotes - by Ilma - 04-27-2019, 10:07 AM
    RE: Offer you a better life; Litotes - by litotes - 05-04-2019, 07:40 PM
    RE: Offer you a better life; Litotes - by Ilma - 05-06-2019, 08:50 AM
    RE: Offer you a better life; Litotes - by litotes - 05-08-2019, 11:35 PM
    RE: Offer you a better life; Litotes - by Ilma - 05-09-2019, 03:21 AM