• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Two Sides To Every Story {Litotes}
    Litotes watches as Clayton steps across the border. For a moment, he ponders what it would feel like if the boy managed to dig those weapons into the cremello’s flesh. Then he wonders if they are to come to such violence, if Clayton will even make it that far. His tempered gaze betrays no malicious thoughts - he ponders these things as if he is an out of body third party.

They walk side by side, further into the shadows the Archon is quickly familiarizing himself with. The future Caretaker asks trivial questions. Lie resists the urge to sigh, knowing the bay is more than likely skirting around yet another interrogation. His meeting with Dawn was more than enough proof that the East fears him for absolutely no reason. At least Clay does not launch right into accusations, and for that he finds a bit of relief and respect for the boy.

“Here, I’ll show you some of the landmarks,” he drawls, mischievous smile upon his face, “beneath that rock over there is where my predecessors spilled the blood of innocents,” he pauses for over-dramatic effect, “and there in those dark bushes is where they kept child slaves.” His grin rolls across his lips, eyes cool, allowing a few seconds to pass between them before quipping, “I’m kidding! In fact, I know almost nothing of Yidhra and Eight.”

Litotes continues to lead Clayton further in, planning to show the boy where he will draw Pangea’s future residents to for meetings. His tail swishes loudly against his hocks.

“And to answer your question, it has been treating me just fine. The East is where I grew up, after all - and I rather prefer being close to my family.” If Litotes knew Clayton has been fucking his wife, the comment would have been blatantly sardonic; alas, the irony is not as delicious as it could be, and the tension Lie might have laughed at does not exist.

“How about you, Clayton? How is . . . training treating you?”

@[Clayton]

Messages In This Thread
    Two Sides To Every Story {Litotes} - by Clayton - 04-16-2019, 05:20 PM
    RE: Two Sides To Every Story {Litotes} - by litotes - 04-21-2019, 08:10 PM