• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

what she doesn't yet know

they promised that dreams can come true

Perhaps in another lifetime, one where her mother doesn’t get sick and her other mother doesn’t choose her mate over her children, Ori’s innocence could have been preserved. Certainly she was far from wise, but she wasn’t sure she was innocent either. The core of her was made of shadows and uncertainty now and a power she had only just begun to grasp. In another life, perhaps, she was made of light and butterflies and her parents would have guided her power, shaping it to her instead of letting her power mold her. This is not that alternate reality though, and she knew no light and little kindness. Neither did she know pain or anger, rather she simply knew indifference. At best and worst, Oriash was a pawn in a game much larger than her and little more.

She was a powerful pawn though, one that someday, could be a force to be reckoned with. Could be, that is, if her power didn’t consume her first. She’d only begun to understand that she could control it and still, more often than not she found it still controlled her. The lines between reality and illusion were always a little unclear to her and she found herself straddling them regularly, pulling herself back into the real world without every realizing she’d stepped out of it.

His first sentence surprises her though. He can relate? He rules a kingdom, and some part of her had always assumed he’d just spent most of his life here. How else do you get to rule? It is in things like these she truly is naïve, innocent, because thrones still baffle her. She knew only that her mothers had held the throne and had given it up because Solace was sick…because Ori made her sick. “How did you end up here?” she asks, curious. Because if he can relate, maybe there’s a place for her out there yet. After all, she’d hardly lived at all, hardly knew what was waiting for her outside the Cove.

He laughs at her next comment, and she blinks, thinking through what she had said and his reply. It clicks in there, and she can only nod. Certainly she was sick, and she’d barely had any symptoms from the plague. Ori was sick in that twisted way of blurred lines that she lived between, and she knew it, but she wasn’t entirely sure she cared. Somedays all she did was wonder what she could do, given the time to practice, to master it. What worlds could she create? Certainly, she could create more than just an image of her mothers. Though they came without her asking more often than not, and together they lived the childhood she would have wanted. It was lovely, for short moments, but in some ways it hurt more than simply being able to let them go.

Now though, she conjures them on purpose, knowing she can bring them to life even if she hasn’t quite figured out what else she can do. He blinks, and she realizes he can see them. A grin spreads along her features just a little bit, pleased to have someone confirm that the illusions are not just in her own head. “Yes. I mean, I think so, at least.” Though she’s pretty sure now, watching as he tests the illusion with fire. She wonders if she could trick that too, make it seem like they burn instead of having the fire just pass right through them. She wonders, in that moment, how real she can make it all.

For now though, she turns back to him. “I’m not sure what else I can do. I’ve only ever tried things I know and have seen. Can you describe something you want to see?”  

Oriash

but they forgot that nightmares are dreams too

@[Castile]

Messages In This Thread
    what she doesn't yet know - by Oriash - 04-16-2019, 02:35 PM
    RE: what she doesn't yet know - by Castile - 04-25-2019, 09:27 AM
    RE: what she doesn't yet know - by Oriash - 04-30-2019, 12:32 PM
    RE: what she doesn't yet know - by Castile - 05-04-2019, 07:02 PM
    RE: what she doesn't yet know - by Oriash - 05-13-2019, 09:20 AM