• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was about to happen../ Any
    Perched on a rocky precipice, Lepis dozes. The warmth of the afternoon sun seeps into the feathers of her outstretched wings, and a soft breeze tugs at the navy length of her mane and tail. She might have fallen into a deeper sleep, lulled by the safety of her home, had the sudden scent of a stranger reaches her. In an instant, her blue-grey eyes are open wide. The tobiano mare's dark ears flick forward, as her gaze sweeps across the land.

The scent is faint: an indication that the other is likely some distance away. Lepis' high perch makes searching an easy task, though by the time she spots the buckskin mare the other is nearly at the Loessian border. For a moment she considers turning away, letting someone with titled responsibility take on the task. That moment is infinitesimally brief, however, and she has spread her wings to take flight before it has entirely faded.

Lepis alights a few dozen yards from the thoroughbred mare at a brisk trot, and she pauses a comfortable distance for conversation from the unfamiliar female. While her body language is relaxed and her smile warm, the pegasus has positioned herself between the visitor and the heart of the kingdom like a living barrier. Lepis is friendly, but she knows far better than to place trust in strangers.

"Welcome to Loess," she says, tucking her blue and gold wings against her sides: the picture of relaxation. "What brings you to the South?" The wind is against her now, but they are near enough that Lepis is certain that the mare doesn't call the southern lands her home. That is as much as she can tell, because the mare doesn't smell of any land she knows at all. A newcomer to Beqanna, she wonders, or perhaps a resident of the lands the fairies had raised for their protection from the Plague?

Messages In This Thread
    RE: As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was about to happen../ Any - by Lepis - 04-12-2019, 09:44 PM