• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Shine Bright Like A Diamond {Dawn}

everything we are, it just went away
    with a slide of the tongue and a sour taste

It’s going to take her a long time to adjust to this, but so far, she thinks that she’s doing rather okay. It is a busy, exhausting balance of motherhood, building relationships, and leaving the Cove behind each day to do tasks she sets out for herself, but she sleeps soundly with her girls at night. That, truly, is what is most important to her – being there for her daughters, and becoming a good role model for them. It is so much work, but she knows it is going to be rewarding in the long run. All of her dreams, her ambitions – they have been funneled into these girls, these tiny princesses, and nothing is going to change that.

“Too busy, if I’m honest,” she murmurs, but can’t help to grin as she thinks of the girls. Soon enough they wil no longer be right by her side at all times; they won’t lay curled close to her, they will no longer wish to nurse, they will grow to be so independent that one day, they may find their own homes far from here. It is what she had done to her mother, after all – she expects the girls to have inherited at least a bit of her fiery disposition.

Clayton muses aloud about going to Pangea to check on Ilma, but she is already shaking her head before he finishes speaking. “I will go there if I must, but it is the epicenter of the plague... I do not know how much I trust going there,” she admits. “I don’t want to risk falling ill and potentially passing it on to the girls.” She swallows hard and looks away from Clayton, ashamed at her own fear. There is not much that she shies away from, but the plague has always terrified her. Her mother had been so sick until she was cured, and she had watched Rhaegor fade away into nearly nothing. The two of them may have the strength to fight it, but she isn’t so sure that she does.

Shaking away the guilt, she steps towards Clayton and presses into him in a comforting manner, her golden coat melding into his brown one as she presses her barrel against his. There is nothing suggestive about the gesture, but she feels something stir in her regardless. She sighs as she drapes her head across his back, content for now just to cling to him – even if her gut is telling her she wants something more. She doesn’t want to make the first move; she had tried to press her feelings on Sunny, and look at how that went. Both of them broken.

“Maybe,” she muses, “we can just stay here. I... wouldn’t want to leave the Cove without her protectors.”

Dawn

oh, it's gonna be a long night

@[Clayton] TIME TO MAKE BABIES
    clean.

Messages In This Thread
    Shine Bright Like A Diamond {Dawn} - by Clayton - 04-03-2019, 09:30 PM
    RE: Shine Bright Like A Diamond {Dawn} - by Dawn - 04-03-2019, 09:41 PM
    RE: Shine Bright Like A Diamond {Dawn} - by Dawn - 05-02-2019, 11:50 PM