• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Litotes;
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    ”I have my wise moments,” he jests with a smug grin and bright eyes. Although fiery and impulsive, he isn’t an idiot. It would’ve been simpler to release Litotes back into the world and back into the East from where he came. Everything could’ve ended there – the political hostility, the mistrust – but Castile had different priorities and a new agenda. While Kagerus and Solace found Litotes disposable, Castile sees a man of opportunities.

They are both predatory, both ambitious. They’ve had women but also have strayed. They are not meek pawns.
    It seems only natural for an odd, respectful friendship to emerge.

Admittedly, Castile is relieved to see Litote’s enthusiasm and agreement with the granted position. A placid nod follows before he looks toward the hills and maps out the residents. ”There is Sochi and Pteron. Brigade is a prisoner that wants to be utilized for his fighting. Maybe Wolfbane, and Vulgaris has remained the Champion. We may have another one or two in addition to you.” The battlegrounds to the south are more often vacant than not. Although kingdoms have armies, very few actually fight. It will be a matter of enticement in the near future, a lure strong enough to increase their numbers and strength. ”I agree,” he adds with a sideways glance, blinking thoughtfully prior to finally focusing again on the man. ”I want us to be a formidable force…” then, with a gleam in his eye, he smugly adds, ”you know, just in case Beqanna doesn’t appreciate our direction.”

War isn’t on his mind, but mayhem? Yes. He wants to stir life among them all, to elicit a loyal bond and interest within Loess. The outside regions may churn angrily, unsettled by waves in the pond. They may retaliate, but Castile can only hope to be appropriately prepared. Another order, another matter, slides into his thoughts as they consider the army and its soldiers. ”Perhaps, I will open up a challenge for the Champion to anyone wanting the title.” A thought spoken aloud as Castile’s mind schemes.

castile

@[litotes]

Messages In This Thread
    Litotes; - by Castile - 04-03-2019, 12:09 PM
    RE: Litotes; - by litotes - 04-03-2019, 09:59 PM
    RE: Litotes; - by Castile - 04-05-2019, 03:31 PM
    RE: Litotes; - by litotes - 04-15-2019, 08:28 AM