• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i think your love would be too much, starsin.

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

He always knew how to get under her skin, in every way possible. She shifted back and forth between fighting the way she felt, and succumbing to it. It would be so simple and sweet to just let herself love him the way that he loved her, instead of hiding behind her stoic walls and nearly impenetrable barriers. But the mistrust that had been bred into her and taken such solid root inside her mind was impossible to ignore, and she refused to let herself look like a fool for loving someone that might later betray her.

“I still don’t want you to be sick,” and the message of the words could have almost been sweet if they hadn’t been spoken in such a nonchalant tone, shielding whatever genuine concern may have been there. But she responds almost instinctively when he lifts his wing, settling her lithe body against his and ignoring the delighted shiver that travels the ridge of her spine when the weight of it is rested against her. “Don’t be so dramatic,” she murmurs, but there is a teasing note to her chastising, her lips lingering against his jaw before lowering her head to rest it against his chest.

His heartbeat echoes in her ear, thumping rhythmically to match her own. It always happens like this. She thaws beneath his touch, even when she tries to fight it. Even when his thoughts are scattered with words like others, and mistake, she still stupidly lets herself be drugged into placidity by him, by his words, and his touches. His pleading thoughts, though, are louder than all the others. There is silence that stretches between them after his question, but his thoughts are still screaming in her mind. She is still for a long moment, still pressed tightly into his chest, before she finally whispers into his skin, “I always miss you, my perfect angel boy.”

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i think your love would be too much, starsin. - by Starsin - 03-29-2019, 02:33 PM