• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  you were a vision in the morning when the light came through

Aodhán
    little fire
    All that is gold does not glitter; not all who wander are lost
    I adore my sister before I even know she is one. Strange as that may sound, she reminds me more of Eurwen than Oisín, even though on the surface one would say the latter is more akin to her. But Oisín is more distant, having her own adventures. Eurwen shares them - despite not having many - and this roan mare also gives off that vibe: she cares about things, on a deeper level than most.

If I had enough self reflection skills I’d say maybe of all my siblings she is the most similar to me.

But I am focused on the present now; her name has no meaning she says? Or no. She says she is not named after anyone. He shrugs. ”It’s still a pretty name.” It reminds me of flowers and butterflies, but maybe I’m confusing chrysalis and chrysanthemum with it - then I grin, remembering the origin of the latter flower’s name - in it’s original tongue. ”Don’t you know what it means? I bet you’re named after yourself!” Golden, that’s what she is, after all.

I’m about as easily excitable as she - in my youth perhaps even more. I jump up a little when she says she knows my parents, forget that she says it with a tad bit more nostalgia than she should, had it been purely happy memories; but I don’t really notice, and can you blame me? I have another sister! ”Awesome! You should visit more often! I have a little brother, too!” Bumping my nose against hers before she can stop me, I gleefully gleam at her dark eyes and golden blaze.

It takes a second for the careful tone of her question to actually reach my senses, but when they do I’m equally timid. ”Oh. Well. We haven’t really seen much of mother after Ilan was born. I thought maybe she’s sick - dad’s worried too. He does a lot of worrying these days. He doesn’t talk or play a lot any mor.” I bite my lip and look at her. With any other parent, not talking much or not engaging in play might be considered normal, but I remember my first half year of life and it was much more exciting. Maybe Chryseis could help them, I wonder? But no - she probably has her own life, and I shake my head. Did I tell her what I can do, yet?

”Did I tell you yet? Look!” I make a really determined face in an effort to distract us both, and then I start glowing and radiating heat. When if works, I grin widely at her. ”Tadaa!” Impressive, no? My other siblings don’t have it as far as I know.

@[Chryseis]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you were a vision in the morning when the light came through - by Aodhan - 05-09-2019, 11:32 AM