• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  .:Bloodfeather:. (Lepis, Marni)
    I had not taught Pteron to fly, and I cannot help but feel that I am failing Marni as well - though in a less obvious sort of way. Our flight home has been dull, many monotonous hours of flight in a straight line. I wanted her to enjoy her first long flight the way I had, and I fear that our return to Beqanna has been anything but exciting.

But at least we are home.

I can feel it, a warmth at the center of my chest as the familiar horizon comes into view. I let out a sigh that I did not know I'd been holding at the sight of it. I gesture toward it to Marni with a happy wicker, and adjust the course of our flight ever so slightly. We arrive at the very peak of the afternoon, and land with our shadows covering only the red earth below our hooves.

The land here at the edge of the realms is a blend of the Pampas and Loess: sloping hills and tall grass growing in thick bunches large enough to hide a half-dozen horses, with just as much room between them. It's an odd sort of place, but I give it no thought as I move toward the golden stallion. Burying my head against his shoulder, I breathe deep the familiar spicy smell of Bane's flaxen mane. It calms me, as it always had, and I am able to pull away and give him a bright smile.

"I thought we'd never get here," I tell him. "I swear the trip going out was so much shorter." It's odd how time passes in worlds that are not our own, I think. There's an odd haze to the recent past, but it is one that I have no interested in looking at too closely.

"How are you? And Pteron, did you find him?" Are my first concern, and a glance back at Marni to reassure myself that she too, fares well. And then, because it is never far from my mind: "How is Loess?"

@[Wolfbane]
    ooc: well, i did tell you i'd post by this weekend and tonight is before this weekend lolol

Messages In This Thread
    .:Bloodfeather:. (Lepis, Marni) - by Wolfbane - 03-17-2019, 09:06 PM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Lepis, Marni) - by Lepis - 03-26-2019, 09:49 PM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Lepis, Marni) - by Heda - 03-27-2019, 08:50 PM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Lepis, Marni) - by Marni - 03-31-2019, 04:42 PM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Lepis, Marni) - by Wolfbane - 04-07-2019, 05:54 PM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Lepis, Marni) - by Lepis - 04-09-2019, 05:54 PM