• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and the scars that mark my body, they're silver and gold; jah

love is my religion. i could die for that.

She is different in a way that he cannot name nor explain and he finds that he is enthralled because of it. There is something of magic crackling in her veins and he cannot decide if it is magic that she controls or if there is something that is entirely her own. Something that sets her apart and yet makes her completely one with the nature around her. He decides that it is the latter, decides that it is a spark that lives within her and he feels something like a pull in his belly, a magnetic need to know more that drags his feet through the sand on the shore of the lake toward her, his youthful head tilted to the side in thought.

When she reaches him as he reaches out for her, he smiles, the curves of his lips tilting upward in a dreamy manner, his amethyst eyes lingering perhaps a moment too long on her face—as if she is a puzzle that he cannot quite figure out. “It is lovely to meet you,” he finally offers, although the word feels too plain to explain what it is like to meet the fire-woman. She has the same texture as his mothers, in some ways, that same power beneath the surface, that same crackling magic that they cannot contain.

Meeting her reminds him of what it is like to traverse the dream landscape.

But for reasons that elude his youthful tongue.

Still, she is a puzzle that he cannot figure out and his heart thrums impatiently in his chest with all of the desire to know—even though part of him is hesitant to ripple the surface of mystery. Perhaps it is better for him to never know. Perhaps it is better to live within the cocoon of not knowing and the thought draws him back, makes him thoughtful as he considers her, the silk of his white mane catching in the wind so that it spills over both sides of his neck and catching on the lower hanging sections of his antlers.

“Do you live here?” he finally settles on, unsure of what he prefers the answer to be.

i could die for you.

@[Jah-Lilah]

I'll respond faster next time! I'm so sorry for the wait. <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and the scars that mark my body, they're silver and gold; jah - by aegean - 03-31-2019, 11:13 AM