• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Litotes;
    As their cauldron of desire and violence brims over, each man’s plan seems to take their first feeble steps.

These beginnings are always wobbly, teetering on the edge of what is real and what is not. Those who hand out trust so willingly are foolish, and Litotes will respect Castile all the more if his proposition is met with hesitation. The lion was once that way, placing his love and wellbeing in the hands of queens that tossed him out as if he had not devoted his life to their cause. Impulsive and young, sure - but malevolent? His true apocalypse was brought upon by the uncouth actions of traitors.

Even now, in the midst of a promising partnership, he wonders what pushed Kagerus so quickly over the edge. The burn is still fresh, still crackling hot and red upon his chest. The heat turns his skin to steel - nothing can stop him now.

Everything that spills from Castile’s lips comes as no surprise. Lie would have been more shocked if the dragon had offered that confident grin and release from his chains. Still, the pale lion can sense he has made no offense for that same relaxed yet analytical expression he constantly possesses remains. There is hope yet, whether it be in building his trust as a prisoner or formulating plans as two free men.

“Wise of you to question my offer,” he murmurs, bringing eyes that drifted back to the piercing gaze of the king. He does not squirm there, nor offer a look quite as challenging; instead, he visibly relaxes, finds comfort in sharing such calculated qualities with another. “For now, Castile, you have no personal reason to trust me - and I do not expect you to, at least not immediately.” Lie grins now, toying with the idea of a friendship.

With his eyes upon the mountains of Hyaline, he pauses. The usual pang of homesickness does not return, only the bitter and sad memories of Kensa. Any loyalty and tenderness he had felt for the East, Kagerus had severed. His attention refocuses on Castile -

“Starsin has read my mind and she can do it again: I have nothing to hide. As for what I can offer, among other things, a formidable amount of strength on your side - and an in with the East. The Queens have not banned me, nor do they know of my thoughts. I can walk comfortably and knowledgeably among their borders to both of our advantages. There is, of course, Primarch Kensa.” He pauses once again, chewing on the idea of seeing her face, then adds, “She will not take kindly to my permanent removal from the throne.”

As his gaze matches Castile’s once again, this time an angrier and more hopeful fire held in them, he finishes: “And lastly - I hesitate to say this - but my daughter is too smart and inquisitive for her own good. She tells me things I should not know - like the tumultuous take over happening in Pangea.”

Already the links in the Cove’s chains are weakening, the two just had to be wise enough to clip the correct ones.

@[Castile]

Messages In This Thread
    Litotes; - by Castile - 02-13-2019, 10:45 AM
    RE: Litotes; - by litotes - 02-13-2019, 10:23 PM
    RE: Litotes; - by Castile - 02-18-2019, 09:51 PM
    RE: Litotes; - by litotes - 02-26-2019, 06:49 PM
    RE: Litotes; - by Castile - 03-04-2019, 01:39 PM
    RE: Litotes; - by litotes - 03-04-2019, 03:47 PM