• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Litotes;
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    Undoubtedly, Castile is surprised. It reads heavily on his face, as there is no sense hiding it. ”My, my my. Quite the plot twist.” He had been hopeful to influence the primarch and steer him, and Hyaline, away from the Sanctuary’s clutches. An upset in the eastern power would send the caretakers spiraling. Despite his relationship with Solace, it’s an exhilarating thought to chisel away at what she has helped build.

Their peace has endured long enough.

Although Litote’s has lost his grip on Hyaline, it still doesn’t fluctuate Castile’s reeling thoughts. A shrug ripples through his muscular shoulders and, admittedly, he would roll his eyes if he could. Instead, he sighs exasperatedly. ”Women,” a low, dry chuckle follows but it lasts only a heartbeat, ”She led with idiocy and emotions. She is a poor Queen after all.” In truth, Castile has never met Kagerus, nor has he held the interest. Time has healed the gaping wounds in his heart, but a grudge still forces an interminable wedge between him and the Caretaker. In his vulnerability, she seized the opportunity to embrace Solace’s heart. Any hope that he had to love Solace again was destroyed by Kagerus and their homosexual love.

It was a painful truth to face when he returned, but the sharpness of the dagger has since dulled.
    Life – and shit – happens.

”I’m impressed,” he adds casually, his voice mildly flat with his deep baritone. ”You aren’t a fool after all.” Litotes has indeed proven him wrong. Castile has considered most of the easterners pawns and spineless in the face of the Caretakers. He can only hope that there will be more than slump in exhaustion with the eternal peace. Growth cannot be attained in such a lull. Life is boring without spurts of unpredictability and chaos. That, is where Castile places himself and Loess – the realm of unrest and… fun?

A single laugh bursts forward in the residing silence, softening the testosterone-brimmed air between them. ”I don’t think being someone’s bitch suited you,” the truth slips like water from his tongue, and his face perfectly complements his honesty as their eyes briefly lock. ”Maybe there’s hope of a friendship in the making,” his confession – perhaps a true hopefulness – is uttered languidly beneath the day’s sun. It isn’t a promise seeing as they remain strangers, but something stirs in Castile’s gut as he mulls over the newest information and pieces together the puzzle. ”They’re idiots for dismissing you.” Castile glances away, toward the mountains that link Loess to Hyaline. The seconds melt away quickly before he turns his head to once again look at the, now former, Primarch. ”Make them regret their decision.”

castile

@[litotes]

Messages In This Thread
    Litotes; - by Castile - 02-13-2019, 10:45 AM
    RE: Litotes; - by litotes - 02-13-2019, 10:23 PM
    RE: Litotes; - by Castile - 02-18-2019, 09:51 PM
    RE: Litotes; - by litotes - 02-26-2019, 06:49 PM
    RE: Litotes; - by Castile - 03-04-2019, 01:39 PM
    RE: Litotes; - by litotes - 03-04-2019, 03:47 PM