• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Look me in the eyes and confess your lust; Any!

She's got the devil's eyes

Unfortunately for the spotted stallion before her, Heartfire has never been a woman prone to casual conversation. A fact that must make it exponentially more difficult for a man who appears to thrive on such idle small talk. Were she a different woman, she might try harder to ease any discomfort with inconsequential chatter. She is not however, nor has she any desire to be. Still, if he could find his way around that stretched silence and unbending directness, no doubt he would prove himself quite valuable to Nerine.

Heartfire is well aware of her own weaknesses. And it certainly behooves her to have others around that are not lacking in that same manner. Her strengths lay elsewhere, she is comfortable enough with herself to omit pride when needed.

“And you, Alvorr,” she returns simply, indicating she was pleased to meet him as well. Her expression is inscrutable as she returns his regard, blue eyes bright, almost discomfiting. As though she could read his entire life’s story simply by peering at his face. In a way, she can. Not that he would have any reason to be aware of such a thing, of course, though intuition can be a damning thing.

Finally, after several long breaths, one corner of Heartfire’s lips twitches upwards, the barest hint of a smile. “I think,” she begins softly in casual observance, “there is plenty of room for you here. If you are ever bored, come find me.” She glances briefly into Nerine before returning her gaze to him, her expression somehow less sharp now. “Nerine has plenty to keep one busy.”

and they'll cut you like a weapon

Heartfire

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Look me in the eyes and confess your lust; Any! - by Heartfire - 03-01-2019, 05:31 PM