• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My Sweet Darling {Wallace, Family}

this time I’m torn, please wake me if I lose that face
    search in these eyes: there’s still fire in the darkness

She halted with a slight frown when she heard her name. It wasn't the voice of either of her daughters, but had been distinctly female. Maybe one of Kharon's girls? Why on earth would they be looking for her? She snuffed out the immediate flash of a mother's instinctive worry. Kharon was fine. Kali and Kylin were fine. Badden was fine.

With a drift of chilly air permeating her, she turned her mid-brown figure towards the voice. Only to draw her brows even lower in deeper confusion. She hadn't seen this woman on the island before, she was sure of it. "Hello?" she greeted uncertainly.

Oh, right. But of course word must have spread by now that she'd led them in ousting their violent dragon company. Yes, that made sense. She straightened and turned to face the woman more squarely, letting her frown fade away to an almost foreign smile. It'd been a long time since she'd been truly happy, if she ever had.

"Welcome. Can I help you with some--" She cut herself off and frowned again. There was definitely something familiar in the woman's face but she struggled to place from where. Not from the Island. Not from Ischia either. Or had it been? Or perhaps Pangea when she and Sabrael were stolen?

"Do.. I know you?" It wasn't likely. The nagging sensation in the back of her mind was relentless though, as if it should be so clear and how could she possibly be missing it?

Wallace

@[Nicole]

Messages In This Thread
    My Sweet Darling {Wallace, Family} - by Zaravich - 02-10-2019, 11:19 PM
    RE: My Sweet Darling {Wallace, Family} - by Wallace - 02-24-2019, 08:15 PM