• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  A Promise I'll Keep {Kensa}

for every tyrant, a tear for the vulnerable
    in every lost soul, the bones of a miracle

Kensa exists in this brief window of time as the lone Primarch of Hyaline. Soon another will rise to lead beside her, but today she is alone in Hyaline while Litotes is prisoner in Loess. Her lover is gone from here. Clayton misunderstands. Kensa has many paramours, Litotes is the dearest of them, but there is no 'only' love.

But of course the bay and green stallion had kept away from her before he could ever come to understand that about her. Whether he would have been comfortable with that is not something they ever had the chance to discover. Of course she has yet to discover if any of her dalliances are comfortable with that.

She is not the same creature he had encountered in the forest, or met here in his youth. Beqanna found her a rough agate and polished her to a precious glow. Her beauty, once organic and disarming is now potent and impossible to ignore.

She has thought of him too, and she would admit it if asked. For all that has happened in her life she remains as genuine and open as ever. Still, Clayton is not expected in Hyaline. He one of the many who had abandoned home for the black sand and silver grass of the cove and they don't come here anymore. The chestnut sabino recognizes his voice with a smile, looks up from the lake shore and runs her eyes over the horizon to the northeast until her topaz eyes catch on his familiar bulk.

Her smile is warm as she lopes out to meet him, tall and handsome Clayton, his horns like twisting spires. "Clayton. It's been too long." Kensa finds that she wants to go to him, embrace him as an old friend but instead she stops just out of reach, her smile fading into a charming crooked smirk. "What brings you to Hyaline?"

Is it me? She wants to ask, but doesn't.

kensa
    for every dreamer, a dream. we're unstoppable with something to believe in.

@[Clayton] Yay! This was a great surprise!!! Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
    A Promise I'll Keep {Kensa} - by Clayton - 02-09-2019, 06:11 PM
    RE: A Promise I'll Keep {Kensa} - by Kensa - 02-09-2019, 09:01 PM
    RE: A Promise I'll Keep {Kensa} - by Clayton - 02-09-2019, 09:13 PM
    RE: A Promise I'll Keep {Kensa} - by Kensa - 02-09-2019, 10:08 PM
    RE: A Promise I'll Keep {Kensa} - by Clayton - 02-09-2019, 10:21 PM
    RE: A Promise I'll Keep {Kensa} - by Kensa - 02-09-2019, 11:03 PM
    RE: A Promise I'll Keep {Kensa} - by Clayton - 02-09-2019, 11:18 PM
    RE: A Promise I'll Keep {Kensa} - by Kensa - 02-10-2019, 12:08 AM
    RE: A Promise I'll Keep {Kensa} - by Clayton - 02-10-2019, 01:27 AM
    RE: A Promise I'll Keep {Kensa} - by Kensa - 02-15-2019, 10:30 PM