• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Cress;
    cRess
    like a house on fire we're up in flames; i'd burn here if that's what it takes

He’s right, you know.

They hadn’t appreciated her, or Tiphon’s gentle leadership. They certainly hadn’t respected anyone outside of their own family. The trio – her, Tiphon, and sweet Leliana – had come gotten to the Resort before anyone else had laid claim on it, and they had promised one another that it would be a sanctuary where anyone would be welcome. When the others had begun trickling in, they had been there; when Heartfire appeared on their beaches, nearly dead, Cress and Leliana had help to nurse her back to health, and in return their own illness had been healed.  

He talks of returning to the Resort, and Cress knows that he does not mean it as a peaceful visit. The fire that surges in her own throat surprises her; the anger that she didn’t know she harbors makes a surprising visit, and she has to swallow past flames as he calls them ungrateful and selfish. He isn’t wrong, but what shocks her most about his words is the flames that rise inside of her. She didn’t realize just how furious with them she is, for turning against Tiphon and her as if they had done nothing for the territory. She didn’t think of it at first, but she wonders if they would even welcome her back.

Her resolve isn’t as ironclad as he seems to think it is after all.

She swallows hard as he briefly vanishes behind a curtain of black smoke, trying to smooth her expression as he steps forward, eyes meeting hers. She tastes fire as she stretches her wings nervously, trying not to let him know how shaken up she is. “My entire family is here, aside from my daughter,” she admits. “Perhaps it would behoove me to stay awhile, to help.” Her eyes fall and she studies the dirt between her hooves, sighing softly.

“It has taken me so long to find somewhere I truly feel at home, you know? And for them to so easily thrust me out... it hurts.”

@[Castile]

infected.

Messages In This Thread
    Cress; - by Castile - 02-05-2019, 10:43 AM
    RE: Cress; - by Cress - 02-20-2019, 12:21 AM
    RE: Cress; - by Castile - 02-24-2019, 08:03 PM
    RE: Cress; - by Cress - 02-25-2019, 10:42 PM
    RE: Cress; - by Castile - 03-04-2019, 09:02 PM