• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Cress;
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    It would be wise to have her here – not against her will – to provide a healing balm to the Loessians, to soothe their pain albeit temporary. It would behoove him to persuade her, but her resolve is seemingly firm, for now.

She has a rebuttal, and although it causes him to initially bristle, Castile smooths himself immediately. A languid shrug ripples through his shoulders. ”That doesn’t mean I’m done with the Island,” he croons sweetly even as his voice drips venomously from his tongue, ”I will soon pay it a well-deserved visit.” It won’t be kind. It won’t be a peaceful reunion. His mind has been reeling with thoughts of burning the trees and shrubbery, of causing a mayhem they would regret awakening. They should have accepted him; he would have been great, but things happen for a reason.

What he wanted was a herd land. What he got instead, was a kingdom.

”Ungrateful,” he scolds with a distasteful curl of his lip as he takes pause to look northwest where, beyond the forests and volcano, lies the two large islands. ”And selfish. They care for themselves. They claim they allowed you and Tiphon to stay yet by the sounds of it, they contributed nothing to the Resort.” Castile, baroque and formidable in strength, inclines away from Cress and takes a few steps so that he may cast his gaze across the familiar landscape of Loess. Mountains reach up toward the clouds to the east, and the Sylvan forest darkens the borders to the west. As strange as it is to be here again, after so much time had passed, Castile is fast approaching relief. ”I lived here once, years ago. I was the Regent beneath Lepis,” slowly, he turns again to face Cress with a metallic glint in his eyes, ”Loess has been kind to me. I’m sure it would be to you as well, should you allow it.”

Plumes of black smoke coil from his nostrils and momentarily hide his face from her view, but a step forward breaks the curtain so that their eyes meet. ”You’re far too interesting to live among incestual sheep. You should be among those that match your caliber, not…” Castile trails off, letting her finish the statement in her own mind while a jagged grin touches his lips. ”Plus, you want to help heal. There are many here that could use your skill.”

castile

@[Cress]

Messages In This Thread
    Cress; - by Castile - 02-05-2019, 10:43 AM
    RE: Cress; - by Cress - 02-20-2019, 12:21 AM
    RE: Cress; - by Castile - 02-24-2019, 08:03 PM
    RE: Cress; - by Cress - 02-25-2019, 10:42 PM
    RE: Cress; - by Castile - 03-04-2019, 09:02 PM