• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Cress;
    cRess
    like a house on fire we're up in flames; i'd burn here if that's what it takes

She doesn’t want to be here; as a matter of fact, she’d much rather be at home in the Resort, helping them with their desperate power struggle and proving to them that she is worth their loyalty. They may not have chosen her as their leader – it was a landslide victory by Wallace – but she is loyal to their land until the very end. It has taken her a long time to fall back in love – with the Resort, with its people, and with herself. She isn’t willing to give that up so easily, no matter if they all think she’s a traitor for wanting to swing the vote Castile’s way. He would’ve made an excellent leader, if only they had given him the chance.

Loess, so far, is anything but boring, she has to admit. Her father is here, with three little ones of his own that he seems to be doing most of the caring for, which is a surprise. Oxytocin and Kindling had abandoned her as a foal when Beqanna raged war against the Valley, so he had never come across as the fatherly type to her. As irritating as foals can be, she is happy to have brothers and – finally! – a sister running around the kingdom, wreaking havoc and causing mischief in general. They bring life to this land that seems almost desolate to her. Maybe that’s just the military state of things, after first Vulgaris’s takeover (she never liked that man) and then to it so quickly changing hands to Castile.

Speaking of... a smirk flashes across her face as the draconic stallion crosses her path, the amusement in his eyes identical to the humor in hers. Her laugh is deep and throaty as he echoes her thoughts, and she pulls her wings into her body as to not take up so much space. She’s had the habit lately of just letting them drag the ground, the golden wingtips creating divots in the dirt as she travels. This is not her Island, she has no care if she mars the landscape.

“I’m not very surprised to see you here,” she tells him. “I figured you would move on to your next conquest if the Resort wouldn’t have you.”

He calls those left behind fools and Cress shrugs her large shoulders as he tries to convince her to remain. “They are loyal to their family - I do not blame them. What bothers me is how quickly they were willing to turn on Tiphon, and the sense of balance that we had created for them there.” It is over now, and though Cress feels a little more than scorned, she doesn’t wish them ill.

“It is my home, Castile. It is the first place in quite a few years that I have felt safe, and grounded. I may be a captive here, but I love the Resort, even if her people infuriate me.”

@[Castile]

infected.

Messages In This Thread
    Cress; - by Castile - 02-05-2019, 10:43 AM
    RE: Cress; - by Cress - 02-20-2019, 12:21 AM
    RE: Cress; - by Castile - 02-24-2019, 08:03 PM
    RE: Cress; - by Cress - 02-25-2019, 10:42 PM
    RE: Cress; - by Castile - 03-04-2019, 09:02 PM