• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

HEARTFIRE
    Whatever Heartfire thought of him, however much anger and pain lay boiling in that black stone of her heart, even the countless years they’d spent together (now outmatched by the years spent apart) wouldn’t be enough to change or soften Wyrm’s demeanor towards her, though she clearly deserved kindness.

Heartfire, as he well knew, was a creature ensconced in the perpetual past-tense. Her visions could only extend from the current time backwards, as he’d seen himself many times before, but Wyrm’s head was riddled with the future. More specifically his future, which had been granted to him in the form of a burning tree those many years ago - when The Chamber still stood strong.

“A fool and a genius both tread the same the path.” He rattles out, twisting two green ears to where she stands. He seems unperturbed by the hint of acid in her tone. “Who else would I summon?” He laughs, a singularly dry sort of chuckle. Perhaps if she gave the matter some thought, it might not surprise her as to why he’d decided to give her a ‘call’.

“You’ve seen him, spoken to him. Magnificent boy that he is. Infinitely more promising than Longclaw …” He sighs, creaking under the weight of brittle joints, “May he rest.” The manipulator hums in afterthought.

Of course he’s speaking in context about Wolfbane, the only natural tie that could drive him to the roan mare’s clutches.

“I knew he would come, knew he must exist at some point yet -” He rambles, seemingly wistful like a forlorn lover, “- I never could’ve guessed by my own blood. The son of my son. Our hope.” He wheezes softly, nearly forgetting the blue-eyed female who’d carried Claw and a twin in her own belly. As then is now, Heartfire had been to Wyrm like everyone else had been: a tool to further himself.

Shame, regret, anger over his own involvement in the downfall of Bane’s father … these deflect from his mind without ever taking root. He sees himself as inscrutable to others but utterly justified in his thoughts and actions.

“Where has he fled?” The shifter wants to know, eerily tilting the hollow sockets of his face in the direction where his once-mate now stood. “I must see him, speak to him. Wolfbane must come home.”

@[Heartfire]

Messages In This Thread
    HEARTFIRE - by Wyrm - 01-30-2019, 09:57 PM
    RE: HEARTFIRE - by Heartfire - 02-01-2019, 05:06 PM
    RE: HEARTFIRE - by Wyrm - 02-05-2019, 02:28 PM
    RE: HEARTFIRE - by Heartfire - 02-05-2019, 05:05 PM
    RE: HEARTFIRE - by Wyrm - 02-06-2019, 05:36 PM
    RE: HEARTFIRE - by Heartfire - 02-07-2019, 03:53 PM
    RE: HEARTFIRE - by Wyrm - 02-08-2019, 07:05 PM
    RE: HEARTFIRE - by Heartfire - 02-14-2019, 04:30 PM
    RE: HEARTFIRE - by Wyrm - 02-19-2019, 09:46 AM