• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've never fallen from quite this high; anyone

love is my religion. i could die for that.

Aegean is quiet as he watches them. Not because he is shy, but because he has always been one to observe first and talk second. His words are elegant but rare, the dreamy boy always content to observe and watch over engage. Still, the spotted girl is enthusiastic and bouncy and he finds that endearing, his glowing head angled in her direction as she reaches out to lip at his antlers. Obligingly, he dips his head further so that she can explore them, the bone beginning to grow palmated in some areas and sharp in others.

“I don’t know,” he says softly, his voice lyrical. “My mother’s are quite large. I imagine mine will be the same.” There’s no boasting in the words but rather a simple bluntness, an accepting of the fact that his antlers will one day stretch to be as impressive as his mother’s. He has no way of knowing the young boy’s thoughts about his antlers, but Aegean has never been one to consider them made for war.

He wasn’t a fighter, not like his mother.

Still, when he lifts his head back to look at them both, his lips are spread into a kind smile. He watches them patiently, waiting for the filly to finish speaking. When it is quiet again, he nods, his movements always just a little slow and deliberate. “This is indeed Silver Cove.” He casts his gaze around the kingdom, the only home he has ever really known, before bringing it back to the two of them.

He doesn’t know what would bring two children to his home without knowing where they are, but it piques his interest—more than it already was—and he watches them more closely. “Astarielle, Pteron,” he enunciates their names clearly, choosing her more formal name over her nickname.

“Would you like to see more of the Cove?”

i could die for you.

@[Astarielle] @[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; anyone - by aegean - 02-23-2019, 08:19 PM