• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've never fallen from quite this high; anyone
    The formation of friendship is easy in Pteron’s world, with only two steps. The first is meeting someone he has never met before, and the second step is declaring them his friend. Or in this case, being declared a friend. The dun colt nods his head as the firehaired filly asks if this is the way friendship works. As far as he knows, it is. He’s not met very many people of course; the pegasus hasn’t even met a half-dozen horses, including his own parents.  Friends are still easy, an advantage of youth.

Star explains that she has just flown from Hyaline, and Pteron nods, having flicked his curious ears forward to hear her speak over the sound of the waves along the shore. She mentions being adopted and the tobiano tilts his head, reminded for a moment of his own adopted Wombat. Thinking of her makes him miss home with a sharp and sudden pang. Pteron takes a deep breath, and refocuses on what the spotted girl is saying.

“I was born in Brilliant Pampas,” he tells her. “In the south, by the ocean.” This is a good answer he thinks, and then remembers what Mother had said about always telling the whole truth, not just part of it. Star has told him about her Momma and Dad too, and her two new siblings. “I have a baby sister too. I don’t really know her yet because my mom and dad had to leave and they took her with them. They’ll all come back soon though.” He says this confidently, as though it is a given and not simply something that he desperately hopes for. Pteron still thinks Vulgaris rules, after all, and is unaware of how the world has changed while he has been traveling.

Having now shared most of his life story, the winged colt cedes the speaking to Star, who suggests that they find someone to ask if this is Silver Cove. Pteron nods enthusiastically, and picks his way carefully along the stony beach, raising his blue muzzle to call out for someone. The boy knows better than to tread to far into this unknown world, even if it seems obvious that he is no threat. He’s just a boy nearing two years old, lanky and awkward behind his mussed blue and white wings.

“Hello! Is anybody there?” He calls out.

@[Astarielle]
    @[Aegean]?

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; anyone - by Pteron - 02-09-2019, 11:22 PM