• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

used to have a lot, but i got more now, adna

Ophanim
    He watches her lips when she forms the little string of syllables that form his name, sweet and soft in her voice. She says it again and his smile grows a bit as though she’s paid him a compliment just by sampling the sound of his name twice. When she actually does offer up her approval, he laughs softly as he grows bashful beneath her kindness. The angel boy doesn’t seem to mind the way she nods that predator head or how the words come snapping between her fangs. He’s entirely focused on the color of her eyes and the different colors her scales turn as the light shifts so comfortably across them.

Ophanim nods when she explains how she normally doesn’t just wander off like this but he can’t really relate as he pretends to. He’s always on the move, always searching for something to keep him busy when his thoughts are too full of Starsin. Was he running away or toward something? Neither, he supposes, since he feels lost so much of the time. But her eyes are troubled and it helps him forget his own worries when his brows furrow together in concern. Bleeding heart boy, he presses his lips to her cheek when she sighs.

You’re too hard on yourself,” he mumbles, lips poised over her skin still as he speaks. “Everyone should stop and breathe every once a while.

He leans further against her so their sides press tight together now while he explores the vulnerable regions of her neck. Ophanim is slow and careful, impossibly gentle as he kisses the rain from her skin before pausing to look up at her. His cheeks grow warm beneath a pink blush and he clears his throat nervously.

I’m sorry,” he says, shifting his weight so there is a small gap between them once more while his blue eyes stare off in the distance. “I’m sorry. I didn’t even ask your name. That’s awful of me.

She’s not Starsin and he knows that but the ache and that ravenous loneliness in her eyes is enough to fool his heart for now. The puzzle piece fits just fine but the picture turns crooked and clumsy without the proper girl. (But if he just closes his eyes and reaches out to kiss her again, then it feels just the same. It packs the wound just long enough to let him survive another day without the real thing.)
    @[adna]
    wow hawt.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: used to have a lot, but i got more now, adna - by Ophanim - 01-24-2019, 07:50 PM