• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Those who have courage and faith shall never perish in misery. Any!

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    What was it, that kept him running into black mares with an even more hopeless dark look in their eyes?

One was now the mother of a child - adult now - that he’d given everything he could; and who was probably better off without him intervening in her life again. Another, still shifty but someone who seemed to be returning to life. Briseis again, later, raped - the very word a stain on her, she did not deserve to have these children that she had not really wanted. Now this sight - a skinny, dull black mare looking entirely lost.

Of course, he’s only in the Field because he didn’t feel like returning home yet. Something about going to the mountain gave him a need to reflect, a time away. Not too long though; he should get back home, people would notice his absence.

But grazing had been a good excuse while he was here. To fill up his stomach before going back; the spring grass was plenty here and he didn’t feel like taking the few grasses at the Isle if that meant others could have meal there, like Nalia who was on the brink of giving birth.

Then again, even with all this grass around, eating was hard and he was half-tempted to run back up the Mountain. Maybe if he could do something useful to help with the plague they might help him get a normal set of teeth again.

But now his eyes fell on the mare, and lingered a little longer. She looked like she needed some help. He just hoped his appearance wasn’t too frightening. Like it had frightened Willa. Damned scales and teeth.

He calmly approaches - openly, not too fancy (who’s he kidding, he’s too shiny for that). At some distance, he studies her face some more, then nickers at her before addressing her. ”Can I help you?”

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Anninux]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Those who have courage and faith shall never perish in misery. Any! - by Leilan - 01-20-2019, 08:49 AM