• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a new king will rise from the ashes; everyone
    cRess
    like a house on fire we're up in flames; i'd burn here if that's what it takes

It seems she has missed a lot, traveling back and forth from Tephra and the River, but she is not long to join the growing new development in the Resort. Thankfully she misses the dragon arriving, crushing Tiphon as he does, but she arrives not long after. Her eyes fall on the black-and-white stallion, her dark eyes tracing the gold mark on his face. There are others, and they are angry, but Cress, for once in her life, doesn’t feel the need to fall into attack mode. For once, she is at peace. The Resort is her home, no matter who leads it.

“Enough,” she says as she takes a step forward, voice ringing out over the gathered horses and the hint of flames licking at her lips. The family is determined that this subkingdom is theirs, though it never belonged to them. They had flocked here after Tiphon had already taken the title of Warden, turning the beautiful island into a sanctuary for those who needed it. Simply living here does not mean that one is entitled to a crown, she knows from personal experience. If Tiphon had relinquished leadership to this man... what’s done is done.

“We all live here,” she tells them, unfurling her draconic wings, “but Tiphon was our leader. Living here does not mean you have any more right than him” – and she pauses here, to fix their new leader a hard stare – “to lead us.”

The purple paint spouts of about allowing Tiphon to lead them, and she turns to him next, anger stirring the fire in her chest. “You allowed him to lead? You had no claim to the island; don’t be ignorant.” They are threatening, angry; they have every right to be, but if Tiphon had told this man to lead them, she has to trust in him. “Tiphon gave the Resort to him for a reason. Clearly he did not want to lead us anymore.” She doesn’t blame him, really; she wouldn’t want to try and rein in this group either.

“This is a sanctuary,” she reminds them sharply, eyes turning to Castile once more. “If that changes – under any leadership whatsoever – we will overthrow that leader. This place is for the sick and impoverished and I swore to Tiphon that it would stay that way. Try to change that, and you will be thrust from leadership just as easily. I will protect the Resort and her sanctuary with my dying breath, if need be.”

basically cress wants everyone to calm tf down it's not worth war

infected.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: a new king will rise from the ashes; everyone - by Cress - 01-20-2019, 11:19 PM