• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Love is Weakness; Loess or Taiga
    Lepis is quiet for a long moment, taking in the still familiar lines of her mother's face. Heda has not aged a day, the dun mare sees, her immortality a perpetual defense against age. It does not occur to her that Heda might worry what Lepis thinks of her. Heda will forever be the best mother that Lepis has ever known, even if she was the only one. Her memories of her own childhood are bright ones.

The misfortunes in Lepis' life of entirely her own making, after all. They aren't Heda's responsibility.

"I missed you too," Lepis says, and takes a step forward to press her cheek briefly against Heda's. The full answer to how she has been would take hours, and Lepis is not eager to do so here in a land so infested by the Plague.

"What if I tell you on the way back to the Brilliant Pampas?" She asks. "The place is free of plague and we have a healer there if you are sick." The buckskin pegasus does not look ill, but the symptoms can be tricky, Lepis knows.

"This will be your second grandchild," Lepis adds with a soft smile. "My oldest, Pteron, is with my husband Wolfbane, back home."

ooc: so i'm terrible and replied just before deciding to closet lepis while cal/wolfbane is on hiatus but didn't want to leave you hanging <3

Messages In This Thread
    Love is Weakness; Loess or Taiga - by Heda - 01-13-2019, 11:36 PM
    RE: Love is Weakness; Loess or Taiga - by Lepis - 01-16-2019, 08:43 AM
    RE: Love is Weakness; Loess or Taiga - by Heda - 01-17-2019, 08:31 PM
    RE: Love is Weakness; Loess or Taiga - by Lepis - 01-17-2019, 09:23 PM
    RE: Love is Weakness; Loess or Taiga - by Lena - 01-18-2019, 01:07 AM