• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I've got a game to play if you like to lose; ryatah
    ryatah
    hell is empty and all the devils are here
    Her first daughter had hated her, but the reasoning had never been entirely clear. She wasn’t really good at most things in life, but she was an above average mother, all things considered, and especially in comparison to most. Perhaps it had been spurred on by jealousy of her second born – an almost love-child, for lack of a better term, even though any love shared between her and Dhumin had been twisted and strange. It wasn’t really a secret that she had favored her second daughter over her first (still did, even; she’s had so many children, but Anonya still stood out) . Perhaps she had deserved what had happened that day on the beach.

She flinches at the sudden increase in volume of the waves, and she can feel the spray of it against her back. A sideways glance tells her that they are creeping closer, but her attention returns to him; it was difficult to pick between two dangers, but his voice draws her back in. ”The feeling doesn’t last forever, though.” She wants to retract the words almost as soon as she says them; wishes she would have swallowed them instead of uttering them aloud. She had forgotten, for a moment, that she was speaking to someone that wielded all the necessary power to drag her death out for as long as he pleased.

The water is swirling around her now, but when she steps forward to get away from it, she is stopped by the invisible barrier he has erected. Her dark brown eyes flash to his, then, a flicker of fear registering across her face, even though her voice hardly rises in pitch when she says levelly, ”I find it hard to believe you brought me here just to drown me.” Even though he very well could have – she isn’t entirely convinced, even as she says it. She had been walking on a tight-rope earlier, as though she had been searching for a way to appease him, but the pressing waves that rise now against her sides are slowly wearing away at her nerves. Beneath the coldness of the water her heartbeat has elevated, thrumming in her chest at an erratic pace, and she can taste the salt on her tongue when she finally caves and says, ”Stop,” She is not one for begging, has never been one for pleading, not even with the water dangerously close to being able to spill into her lungs. But there is something similar to desperation that wavers in her eyes and voice when she adds quietly, ”Please, just...stop.”

I changed my mind from what I said earlier, but he can definitely still choose to drown her haha.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I've got a game to play if you like to lose; ryatah - by Ryatah - 01-25-2019, 01:51 AM