• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I've got a game to play if you like to lose; ryatah

and lord, I fashion dark gods too;

He is still unsure precisely what path to take with her.
    There are different trajectories, you see, ways to strip them down and remake them (or to leave them destroyed, nerves raw and exposed – you never knew, really, what they were made of. Not until you flayed the skin and looked for yourself). Illusions, things crafted from the own dark recesses of their mind; and the more physical things, fire and ice and everything in between, breaking every bone, leaving every nerve singing in its exposure.
    She does not quite ask, but there is a question in her statement.
    “I’ve said it before,” he says, “you intrigue me.”
    She is nostalgia and newness all at once. The memories of their earlier meetings are mixed with this new discovery, the one the earlier iterations of him had been to rash to realize – that she wants this, in some way, that she is built to be taken apart, that there is something within her that craves it.
    (Or so he thinks. So he assumes. Why else would she talk so sweetly, why else would she stay pliant beneath his touch?)

“And my place has been empty for too long,” he says, “it needs some fresh blood.”
    Perse had been its last long-term inhabitant. She would have been here still, but he’d cast her out, eventually, bored of her – she was too eager, too worshipful. Too easy.
    “Tell me,” he says, “about the first time you died. Were you frightened?”
    He touches her mind, light, tries to find the memory, index it for easy reach, should she not be forthcoming. But he suspects she will.

The first time he died was in fire – self-immolation, a cowardly way out. He knew so little, then, and his powers were still nascent. He had felt no fear as the flames licked his throat, there had been something exciting about it. He’d thought, even then, he might return.
    The darkness lifts further still, until the lair is well-lit. Yet the walls flicker, the preparation of an illusion, should she offer the proper fodder for it – a visitation of her first death.

c a r n a g e

the lair will slowly start changing into wherever she died first...feel free to carry the illusion on since you know what happened and i don't lol

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I've got a game to play if you like to lose; ryatah - by Carnage - 01-21-2019, 06:11 PM