• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    It's Sweater Weather; Leilan, Any!

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    It feels.... new, to him or, perhaps just a bit unnatural? Recruiting had never been his forte, but perhaps just talking about one’s home in the enthusiastic manner that he could, well... maybe there really was nothing much to it. Still, it felt a little weird. As if he had some kind of responsibility over the man, even though Aziz, as an adult male, was quite capable of living by himself.

Huh.

As a matter of fact, when people are somehow thankful to him, he manages to feel uncomfortable about it in a way. Kinda stupid when he thinks about it, really.

That’s not what Aziz came here for, he thinks. He came to make use of his gifts, not to find a dumbfounded Leilan on an icy land.

This runs through his head for a moment, a moment in which Aziz has time to look around the island before continuing the conversation. The roan nods a moment. ”I hope it’s workable, but if we need the cold for a structure to hold, don’t hesitate to ask. I’m pretty okay with ice, though I wouldn’t deem it sufficient for detailing.” A toothy grin follows, his icy blue eyes flashing brightly. Perhaps he could be useful himself, too.

The bay earth-shaper does a small test-run, which Leilan then watches with interest. It seems to take a while, and perhaps more effort than Aziz is used to - or he’s out of practice. But in the end, even frozen (and perhaps therefore, a bit unwilling) ground, is just ground still, and so it responds.

Aziz seems to be waiting for him to initiate something, but honeslt,y Leilan is no expert with earth. It gives him the same feeling as when Ard, and even Castile once (maybe a year ago), had responded to him and he’s not quite sure he’ll ever get used to it. They’re his brothers, not his subjects. As is Aziz, Leilan thinks. Or will be, when he learns of them.

He looks from the pillar to the bay male. ”Perhaps I should give you a tour? This area here is about, nearly in the middle of the southern half of the island, and might make a good meeting place if the ground here is workable for you. I figure if a somewhat larger group could gather here and shelter from the northern winds, that would be ideal.” Looking around, then back to Aziz he adds, ”But it really doesn’t all have to be done in one day.” After all, running too fast with magic, well - it could end up with Aziz tiring himself too much and the structure being less sound. If he is indeed responsible for the man, then perhaps he should be the one checking his boundaries.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Aziz] this may be all over the place because I got distracted several times :’)
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    It's Sweater Weather; Leilan, Any! - by Aziz - 01-12-2019, 08:12 PM
    RE: It's Sweater Weather; Leilan, Any! - by Aziz - 01-13-2019, 09:16 AM
    RE: It's Sweater Weather; Leilan, Any! - by Leilan - 01-18-2019, 04:48 PM
    RE: It's Sweater Weather; Leilan, Any! - by Aziz - 01-18-2019, 05:43 PM
    RE: It's Sweater Weather; Leilan, Any! - by Aziz - 01-20-2019, 08:26 AM
    RE: It's Sweater Weather; Leilan, Any! - by Aziz - 01-20-2019, 10:13 AM