• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    It's Sweater Weather; Leilan, Any!

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    His meeting with Aziz had been pure luck, or coincidence; a short getaway after which he'd had to return, but not before giving his companion directions to the northernmost island. The man was a builder - but he needed either more practice, or something sturdier to build with. Leilan is rather curious if it would work; the cold, frozen landscape could perhaps be better moulded, or turn out to be too brittle (in which case the roan would perhaps suggest using rocks only). Or, maybe if he gave it an extra layer of dragon-ice, it might be sturdier as well.

They'll see. For now, he roams the island, wondering what else to do with it. Not many people had yet reported to him that they wished to stay here (well, in fact he was pretty sure about Cam, Phasus, Ard, and Jesper; but he hadn't really spoken to many of them yet and it wasn't official he supposed - to be honest he had not seen Castile around lately either, or his son Gilt, and he wondered if they'd just up and left). People might be in hiding, or just away for the winter season, which he could understand considering the current biting cold. Yet he'd hoped for something more out here, he thinks. After all, what is a land without inhabitants? Or should he just gather the lot of them from the Field, himself?

He realizes he's not quite sure what to do.

His mesmerizing gets interrupted by the sound of a voice - ah, if it isn't the earth manipulator. Perhaps if the land had some more shelters like they'd briefly discussed, more souls would find themselves able to stay even through this harsh season. The bay roan nears the bay, he seems wet from the swim and the scaled stallion wonders if he's cold. Yet he has nothing to give him to get warm - alas, his attunement to the ice means he doesn't get cold himself, but also that he only has ice to share with others. Well, besides a warm smile or a hug that is, but he wouldn't go so far as to start cuddling a newly-made friend.

"Aziz, welcome. Told you it'd be cold." he tells the bay, an easy smile across his features. "Though this is about the worst, I think - mid winter. I hope the others aren't all in hiding for the whole season, but honestly, we've just about started it up recently, what with this land being completely new and all." Later than it should have been, but still, it was a start. Now perhaps if he could get things running smoothly - ah, well, he should be more patient perhaps.

"How do you like the island so far? I wouldn't want to keep you if it doesn't suit you." he asks, more serious in tone there - he knows many horses are stubborn enough to make and keep a promise, but if it makes them unhappy, he'd rather not bind them to it.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    It's Sweater Weather; Leilan, Any! - by Aziz - 01-12-2019, 08:12 PM
    RE: It's Sweater Weather; Leilan, Any! - by Leilan - 01-13-2019, 07:50 AM
    RE: It's Sweater Weather; Leilan, Any! - by Aziz - 01-13-2019, 09:16 AM
    RE: It's Sweater Weather; Leilan, Any! - by Aziz - 01-18-2019, 05:43 PM
    RE: It's Sweater Weather; Leilan, Any! - by Aziz - 01-20-2019, 08:26 AM
    RE: It's Sweater Weather; Leilan, Any! - by Aziz - 01-20-2019, 10:13 AM