• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  oh, this my weapon, this my loam; any
    and the walls kept tumbling down
    in this city that we love

She has not been tested, and it is thus unknown to her what she is made of. Her mother was weak. Irisa does not know this – she mostly knew her mother in a dreamland – but she is. She broke under what was given to her (and it was a fair breaking, the adversity heavy enough). Irisa had not been so unfortunate, she has been able to skate through her life without knowing much in the way of pain – a skinned knee there, a thorn-cut here.
    There is no telling what lies beneath her, or if indeed, there is anything – perhaps she would simply crumble to dust and be gone.

She watches with curiosity and fascination as his wings change, from feather to stick to bone, and there is a lick of envy in her throat. Perhaps she could have done something similar, in the dreamworld – she remembers mother tweaking her, shifting her color, until she nodding to herself, murmuring that’s right. But not now, where magic is a scarcer thing (at least to her grasp). Now, she is stuck as she is, which she doesn’t entirely mind – but ah, wouldn’t it be interesting to shift and warp at will?
    He asks a question, a common one that she has an entirely uncommon answer for.
    “From here,” she says, “but also not. Mother mostly kept me in a different place. A more magical one. She liked it, there, and kept me with her.”
    But that hadn’t lasted, as Irisa grew, as she became more herself and less such a malleable thing.
    “But that place is gone. So now I’m just from here.”
    She misses it, and she doesn’t – she liked the world, it suited her (of course it did – she was made from ad for it!). But it was not hers, it was mothers, and there, she was ultimately a pawn – a decoration.
    Here, she is herself, wholly.
    (Whatever that may be.)
    “What about you?”

Irisa
    tarnished x heartworm

Messages In This Thread
    RE: oh, this my weapon, this my loam; any - by irisa - 01-20-2019, 07:03 PM