• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

stranger in this land; colby pony

— I'll break you a hundred different ways —

He acknowledges her warning this time, perhaps not outwardly, since he had no way to display it on the stripped bones of his face. But, he does tilt his head for a moment, as though to contemplate whether to oblige her or not, before he finally shifts a step backwards. Not completely bending to her, but at least showing that he could be mannerly, if he so chose to be. He didn’t fear her — there was little he feared, perhaps out of sheer stupidity, or perhaps because he had nothing to lose or gain by being alive  — but he wasn’t entirely disrespectful, either. Not tonight, at least.

“Seems more like a curse rather than a blessing, but I appreciate your optimism,” Perhaps for the first time there is something deeper to the usual monotonous tone of his voice, a strange sort of humor audible in the way the words are spoken. A poor attempt at jest, that likely will fall flat, but he can’t be bothered to care too much.

Her last question, however, is the first thing he could say truly intrigued him; not just with her, but of anything and anyone he’s ever encountered. It was one he had never been asked, and something he had not put much thought into. ”No one,” He answers simply at first. The curse had been put in place long after he was born, and so not even his own mother knew both sides of him. Even before, he had never been one to keep companions, and now it just seemed futile.   “I don’t really make a habit of sticking around.” He doesn’t regret it. There was no reason for anyone to be around long enough to witness the change. Everyone he met it was only in passing — purely accidental. “What of you, Sochi? How do you choose which  side of you to show?” His voice is low again, the words issued slowly amid the clicking of his jaws and teeth, recalling the tigress he had first encountered. 

— and I'll make you remember my face —

Nightlock

@[Sochi]

Messages In This Thread
    stranger in this land; colby pony - by sochi - 01-04-2019, 10:50 PM
    RE: stranger in this land; colby pony - by sochi - 01-16-2019, 12:19 AM
    RE: stranger in this land; colby pony - by sochi - 01-30-2019, 10:40 PM
    RE: stranger in this land; colby pony - by sochi - 02-17-2019, 09:09 PM
    RE: stranger in this land; colby pony - by sochi - 03-06-2019, 01:13 AM
    RE: stranger in this land; colby pony - by Nightlock - 03-11-2019, 12:13 AM
    RE: stranger in this land; colby pony - by sochi - 03-31-2019, 11:48 AM