• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

things could be stranger but I don't know how; ivar, any

although this world is made of fearsome beasts that bark and bite
    we were born to put these creatures through one hell of a fight

Despite his misgivings about the other stallion, that distrust that simmers beneath the flesh, there is something blunt about him that Magnus can appreciate, as well. Even something that stirs the rogue within him, the warmonger that has always hungered a little too much for bloodshed. His gold-flecked eyes spark at Ivar’s words. He nods. “I can ask no more of you.” Of course, that’s not quite the truth. If Magnus was a different stallion, he could demand more. He could try and throw his weight around.

But he has no interest in being the police of the west.

No interest in trying to curb Ivar’s appetite so long as the aggression does not hurt his own.

He rolls his scarred shoulder, ears perking momentarily at the mention of a new leader at the Island Resort and groaning internally at it. He had just been there. Would he have to travel back to see who now wore the crown? It doesn’t matter, and he doesn’t voice such grumblings now. Instead he just gives a crooked smile to the kelpie king, not pressing him about whatever his possessions may be.

Should it boil up that there was serious injustice happening on the island, Magnus would revisit it.

Should cruelties make themselves known, he would rethink it.

For now though, he just nods his head. “I’m glad that we were able to come to an agreement.” Whatever that may be and in whatever form it may be. He rolls his shoulder. “I won’t take up any more of your time.” A step back as he begins to make his way back to the water and his home.

“I look forward to our next visit…” his voice trails off as he grasps for the stallion’s name, whiskey voice breaking out in a laugh. “I just realized I never learned your name.” He pauses, waiting for that one bit of information, a final seal on the tenuous relationship, before he truly leaves for his own Tephran shores.

magnus

@[Ivar] - we can end it here if you're cool with just assuming ivar tells him his name and they say goodbye.

or you can reply because i'm always happy for more ivar words.

totally up to you. <3
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: things could be stranger but I don't know how; ivar, any - by magnus - 01-22-2019, 01:45 AM