• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

things could be stranger but I don't know how; ivar, any

although this world is made of fearsome beasts that bark and bite
    we were born to put these creatures through one hell of a fight

It is not an entirely unkind interaction, but Magnus cannot help but think that the too-handsome stallion is well-conceived dagger. One misstep and he’d find the blade to his throat, he’s sure. It is not enough to strike fear in his heart—although, perhaps, enough to send a skitter of excitement across his veins—but he  remembers it all the same. Perhaps in another situation, perhaps if his first impression of the kelpie had not been a wide-eyed daughter of Tephra returning to the volcanic isle and the kelpie’s envoys arriving on his beach coming to spirit her away again, perhaps then he may have found a comrade in Ivar. Perhaps in time the distrust will simmer and he will find something within the other’s wild heart worth befriending.

Or, perhaps, he will spend each interaction with measured words and a careful eye.

He doesn’t know, doesn’t think on it too much. He just keeps a steady gaze, not attempting to dance around the subject. “I intend to keep Tephra as the kingdom of the West,” he is blunt, straightforward, but not unkind in his delivery. He just doesn’t see the point in pretending to have different intentions when he knows exactly what he wants. “I would like to keep our relationships with both Ischia and Island Resort to be cordial or even symbiotic if that interests you..” A pause. “If you want to remain a herd and an independent land then I will leave you to your devices—but if you would like to take up the banner as a territory, I would like to work with you, in whatever capacity interests you.” He studies the other quietly.

“I have no desire to have a say in how you run your home and have little interest in fashioning Tephra as the crown jewel in a super-kingdom in the West. But three strong lands united is better than three that quarrel amongst themselves.” A roll of his shoulders, a flash of crooked smile, as he waits and watches.

magnus

@[Ivar]
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: things could be stranger but I don't know how; ivar, any - by magnus - 01-16-2019, 01:02 AM