• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

things could be stranger but I don't know how; ivar, any

although this world is made of fearsome beasts that bark and bite
    we were born to put these creatures through one hell of a fight

Something like distrust strikes the back of his throat at the first sight of the kelpie.

He has no immediate reason for it, nothing to spark it except the way Karat had looked when she had come back, but he tucks it away for later. Even though his scarred fingers want nothing more than to grab onto the hilt of a sword, he remains relaxed for now, forcing his handsome face into neutral lines, nothing threatening in his stance of expression. Ivar is unlike anything he has ever seen before, and after more than a century of wandering the many iterations of Beqanna, Magnus has been able to see a lot. But he cannot recall a time when he has ever seen something like the scaled, shark-toothed stallion before him.

It is not the first time that Magnus has realized that he is to hold his own against one who is naturally disposed with gifts that he could only dream of. Except a brief, awkward stint with kingdom-granted wings, and a newfound gift of immortality in his veins, Magnus has never wielded the kind of gifts that are now so abundant. He can neither command the oceans nor pull elements from thin air. He has nothing except a body trained past the point of its natural abilities and the sweat on his brow and his experience.

It has to be enough, he reminds himself, locking eyes with the kelpie.

As always, it has to be enough.

“I figured it was far past time for me to come introduce myself.” His grin is lopsided, his pulse even and his gold-flecked eyes friendly, regardless of the instincts firing within him. “My name is Magnus. I am the current leader of Tephra.” There is a pause, the seabreeze picking up and ruffling his mane. He lets the silence stretch, watches the other with a steady gaze, his war-scarred coat still drenched with the sea.

Finally, he breaks the quiet.

“I think it would be useful to discuss the relationship between our two lands.”

magnus

@[Ivar]
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: things could be stranger but I don't know how; ivar, any - by magnus - 01-05-2019, 01:21 AM