• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

little prince; aegean
    Their siblings are far too numerous to bother with; he’s rarely spared them much thought. Too far removed to be anything but the elusive eldest half-brother. Feeling like a bastard most of the time, a secret thing that is known but not spoken of. Yet he comes because of this one here, that gentles him in a way that makes him think of someone else that he’s been dreaming of for so long now. 

Probably because he imagines this is how a child of theirs’ would be, grave but trusting, and he looks on this littlest brother with something bordering on affection. Which is something none of the others have ever gotten much of from him.

He feels a kiss echoed on his jawline; sweet and soft and all manner of things he’s not all that used to. Maybe once, long ago but no more and the boy’s innocence could almost be enough to break the tough carapace of uncaring that has hardened around his heart, - almost. The deep breath of relief and earnest smile keep him calm, lulling him into the false ease of brotherhood. No such things exists, but for now he imagines it does with this pale bone-bright colt.

Abysm smiles, lazy and lulled as the boy begins to pulse and the flow draws his wayward attention back to him. His eyes refocus as he considers for a moment, how to answer him. “No. It is probably best that they have not.” but even as he says it, he can feel the delicate burn of anger bloom inside him. They keep him a secret after all! Too busy ruling their fawning duped subjects and procreating like rabbits to bother to name all their children - only those of their copulating loins get mention, never the ones that came before: him, and Velk and Valdis.

The unmentionables; the dirty laundry of their lives before their greatest love affair. He almost huffs aloud until he remembers that such actions unsettle the dreamy boy. But the openness of his face and the naked vulnerability that suits him are enough to sway Abysm to tell him, and to do so with a rare treat of a smile - one of almost affable affection. The wind though, picks that moment to act up and it is foretelling as Abysm feels his own power pull at the yoke of his control.

“Well, I am the firstborn. Not to our mother’s, of course but to Kagerus alone. Except she was too afraid of her own innate curse and magicked me into my father then she left us before I was even born. Left us for family and this kingdom and it’s queen. Quite tragic, but commonplace. She loved herself too much to keep me in her womb. But here I am, kept in the dark and now my own siblings do not even know who I am as they spit each one of you as quick as they can.”

He keeps the telling dark but brief. His opinions are biased and encased in hard jade. There is little love between him and the queens, little enough to be squashed by abandonment and other things in his heart. He cuffs the boy on the head but gently so, more of a light push of rough unfamiliar affection. “But they are your mothers, and I suppose they have their reasons.”

Except now he’s fixating on how the boy looks so dreamy and he can feel his power tugging at the edges of his being. It gives him an idea, “Do you like dreams?”

Abysm offers that question up like a palm upturned with a forbidden treat resting upon it, knowing it is irresistible to one like Aegean. For once though, there is no malice in his offering - only a sincerity that surprises even him.

@[aegean] ❤️❤️❤️
    i would do anything for love,
    but i won’t do that 

Messages In This Thread
    little prince; aegean - by abysm - 12-20-2018, 09:19 AM
    RE: little prince; aegean - by aegean - 12-22-2018, 03:56 PM
    RE: little prince; aegean - by abysm - 12-27-2018, 07:48 PM
    RE: little prince; aegean - by aegean - 12-30-2018, 12:16 AM
    RE: little prince; aegean - by abysm - 01-19-2019, 04:10 AM
    RE: little prince; aegean - by aegean - 01-21-2019, 02:33 AM
    RE: little prince; aegean - by abysm - 04-01-2019, 11:38 PM
    RE: little prince; aegean - by aegean - 04-17-2019, 12:52 AM