• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  the bones of a miracle; diplomatic visit

out in the deep, I've seen something real
    the mouth of the void that the waves conceal

Each movement that Yidhra makes is strange, mechanical and uneasy: strained on a way that suggest acclimation to the lack of pressure; but more so it is non-linear and lack natural geometry. She breathes and her lungs rasp and heave with watery, drowning breaths; but this is only for a few moments and slowly she shakes from the odd behavior.

With her gaze focuses on Kensa the barbell shaped irises narrow and those orange-flecked teal seems to brighten as she watches the other woman and slithers alongside her. Atop hard earth and through the shadows of great trees she can see the piling autumnal leaves and pine needles… smell the rotting leafy detritus and all it’s moisture.

She can hear the other speaking and turns her head, the tentacles on her face moving and curling as she exposes the black chitinous beak and all the danger it holds: tapping it and clicking it before allowing water-logged sounds to become words. Ancient and beyond time the accent is smoky and her voice sumptuous in an alien and foreign manner. “Yee tho rah (Yidhra),” she speaks, chuckling darkly.

“Means more than a simple word, darling-heart, it is a story in and on it’s own. Manifested before death, before birth- ever hungry and waiting… devouring all things and learning change from such delicacies: from observation. I consumed the Kraken and put forth a tentacle, and when I tasted of the bear I learned fur to cloth myself from the cold… so on and so forth.” she purrs, glancing at Kensa with a tentacle reach forward and seeking to brush the mare’s neck if allowed. “And here, I have sought to taste you; but what I learn? I will know in time.”

The tease is there; but more so her focus as the kraken-esque mare shudders and shifts: as she peers at all the leaves and shadows, at the brush and wild.

Her voice calls through the reaches of Sylva, through its echoing expanse and endless forest. “Hello, I am Yee tho rah (Yidhra) the Archon of Pangea, and with me I have Kensa the ruler of Hyaline. We seek those who live and lay claim now to these lands.” hissing and succumbed to purr, she postures and stands: tall and watching. 

Calm and poised, Yidhra shrugs back her sloping shoulders, looks to Kensa and has she the ability, she’d have smiled; but instead there is mellifluous and strange chatter of her beak: a symbol of amusement.

Yidhra

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the bones of a miracle; diplomatic visit - by Yidhra - 12-23-2018, 02:38 AM