• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Ilma/any diplomats/leaders

that's all there is

She is on the verge of sleep, tucked away with wings folded around her in grasses so tall that they hide her completely. One of the few advantages of her small and slight frame – one of the very few. The day-flowers have closed in the twilight, but a few special night-flowers are open, their soothing scent lulling her further towards slumber. But the sound of unfamiliar voices jars her, bringing her back to wakefulness. Thankfully it is not only unfamiliar voices – she recognizes Lepis’ added voice and that is reassuring to her. Still, this is to be her home at the end of it all, and she knows that means this is her conversation to join.

That, and, she doesn’t sleep well anymore. Every night she relives watching the mob kill her father, and that doesn’t make for peaceful sleeping, even surrounded by her newly beloved flowers. So she rises from the flora, within eyesight of the other three mares, and gives her mane and tail a shake to free them of grass and dirt from the ground. Not in any particular rush, she takes a moment to preen her dark red wings back into order and then reaches down to the ground, almost reverently, and brings the crushed grass and flowers from where she had lay back to full health. Only then does she close the distance between them, eyes flitting back and forth. One of the strangers is white, the other pied with bold antlers growing from her head. Noah settles herself beside Lepis and answers the white mare’s question in her quiet, almost whisper-like voice.

“No need to wait until morning.” she does not question the strange arrival time of the mares, welcoming instead the excuse not to sleep. She glances briefly at Lepis, because clearly the gold mare knows their visitors, but Noah does not. Still, she chooses to take her lead from Lepis, who is unworried. “I am Noah,” she tells the two visitors. “While the people of Loess are sheltering here for the time being, and are quite welcome,” a quick, sweet smile aimed at Lepis, “The Brilliant Pampas are mine, I suppose. But we will be under the protector and banner of Loess, so it is really Lepis and Wolfbane with whom you should address diplomatic concerns.” Still. She would like to know about the other lands, and she hopes they won’t hurry away.

noah

@[Kagerus] @[Lepis] @[Ilma]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Ilma/any diplomats/leaders - by Noah - 12-15-2018, 07:59 PM