• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the river coursing through us is dirty and deep
    North doesn't do well as a kept woman. She needs space, and solitude, and a steady supply of secrets. But she might be inclined to stay here for at least a little while. The road gets lonely after a while, and too much loneliness weakens the mind. She needs her wits (they're her only strength) and so she tells herself that it might not be so bad to rest here a minute. It's safe from the plague, and calm enough, and Magnus keeps flashing that damn gunpowder smile that encourages her make bad decisions.

He tugs gently at her mane and she feels a thrill run down her spine. "I don’t intend to leave again though... at least not for a while." There's a certain grit to his voice that wasn't there before, and it sinks in her like a hook.

(She tells herself she's smarter than this, she's better than this, but she thinks the hard truth is that she might not be.)

North breaks eye contact to look up at a sky that's so blue it almost hurts. Annoyed by the tension in the air, Arty stands to stretch (casually digging his claws into her rump in the process) and then he gracefully hops to Magnus' back. He stands like a captain of a ship, looking out intently across a sea of grass. In search of field mice, no doubt... she almost laughs out loud at how serious he looks, but his choice of transportation offends her more than his comedy amuses. He must sense it because he mutters, in their private way of communicating- "No offense, love. He's taller than you." before he leaps off and disappears in a streak of black.

She rolls her eyes and turns her attention back to Magnus. "Excellent." she says finally, feeling a little like electricity, like danger. "Not much point in me staying here otherwise. For a little bit." Her voice is carefully casual. "Is this pretty much it, then? Steam and occasional rivers of lava?" She is playfully unimpressed. The truth is that although they've already walked a long stretch of Tephra, she hasn't been paying much attention to the scenery. She can't, really, with him standing so close, but she can at least appear to try.

n . o . r . t . h
    what if I want to go devil instead? Bow
    down to the madness that makes me

@[magnus] oooph girl got a crush x_x

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the river coursing through us is dirty and deep - by North - 02-25-2019, 04:52 PM