• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  everything's gonna be all right!
    don't you dare look out your window,
    darling, everything's on fire;

The pink filly is the first to move towards her, and while she is shy and quiet, she is not completely timid. An easy smile spreads the length of her lips, and cautiously she takes a step forward, extending her green muzzle to almost meet her own. ”Hi, Cosmos,” And even though she is not feeling as intimidated as before, her voice is still feather-soft, blinking her long lashes over her dark brown eyes as she takes in the other girl’s pretty pink skin. ”And I like your pink. My name is Evenstar,” Her eyes divert for a moment, as she adds with a lilting laugh, ”Sometimes my parents call me Max, though.”

She watches the silent  filly, the vibrant, sunset streaks catching her attention. It doesn’t bother her that the other girl doesn’t talk; she can see the brightness in her eyes, and she returns it with a shy smile of her own. She almost does not notice the ethereally white colt until he is alongside of her, with his soft muzzle brushing against her skin. With a swivel of her delicate head her doe-like eyes find his, and his hushed voice is not lost because it is so similar to her own. ”Hello,” She echoes his murmur, her jade-green nose lingering across his neck, as he had done to her. The demure smile that lifts at her lips is fleeting, like a flash of a star across the sky, before it disappears back into the reserved lines of her face.

When another arrives, avian and unique, and immediately placing herself alongside the pink filly, Evenstar instantly notices that she is….different. Not in a bad way, but her eyes are drawn to her talons, her head tilting inquisitively, but she does not speak up. For a moment her solemn brown eyes match up with the bird-filly’s blue own, and a smile glimpses across her lips, as she repeats gently, ”Hello, Myrkari. I’m Evenstar.”

Her white tail flicks at her haunches, and when Cosmos suggests a game, she finds herself glancing over her shoulder at the direction she had come from, anxiety slowly creeping into her mind. ”Umm…” Her hesitiation is obvious, as she turns her gaze back to the circle of foals, all of whom had already agreed to play. They didn’t seem to be worried about the plague, so perhaps she shouldn’t be either? She bites her lip, knowing that her parents would be worried once they realized she was missing, which they likely already had. The little jade and white filly never went anywhere without at least one of them. ”Sure, I’ll play.” She finally agrees, ignoring the threads of guilt entwining around her heart at the idea that she was somehow breaking a rule.

evenstar.
    come morning light, you and i'll be safe and sound

@[cosmos]
    It's shit and you all just have to deal with it.

Messages In This Thread
    everything's gonna be all right! - by cosmos - 11-30-2018, 12:50 AM
    RE: everything's gonna be all right! - by aegean - 12-01-2018, 05:10 PM
    RE: everything's gonna be all right! - by cosmos - 12-05-2018, 12:08 AM
    RE: everything's gonna be all right! - by Myrkari - 12-05-2018, 04:27 AM
    RE: everything's gonna be all right! - by aegean - 12-08-2018, 12:16 AM
    RE: everything's gonna be all right! - by Evenstar - 12-14-2018, 02:51 AM
    RE: everything's gonna be all right! - by cosmos - 12-27-2018, 12:36 PM