• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  everything's gonna be all right!
    Cosmos is peering up at the brilliant blue sky when Kleopatra wanders up. She turns her head to stare at the sunset babe, a wondrous smile spreading soft and charming across her face. The sight of the filly is followed by a concerned nudge (as concerned as a foal can be - more eager than anything). The pink foal rolls in the direction she is pushed, tucking her legs to the side then pushing upward with a slow and odd grace. Cos shakes out her fuzzy coat and short, curly mane, then takes a gentle step closer. Her eyes grow wide as she fully studies the pinks and oranges and purples as they chase each other across Kleo’s small body.

“Hi,” an uttering just above a whisper, tiny and sweet, “I’m Cosmos.”

The stare between Kleo and Cos is growing strange (though Cos will never mind silence or long gazes) when another foal breaks it. She drags (literally, she drags - she loves the other filly’s coat) her eyes to find a colt just as captivating. He is all white, glowing and too pure: the most fascinating creature she has yet to encounter. The gently inquisitive smile returns as she cocks her head and flutters her wings in delight. Not quite reserved but seemingly wiser than one would expect a foal to be, she feels the twinges of a kindred spirit (though she has no idea what that is other than a slight comfort in having him near).

Aegean’s soft hello prods the silence, not quite breaking it. Cos steps delicately closer, reaching her muzzle out to brush it against his before whispering another hi in the exact same cadence as before. The candy-pink girl does not say anything else, finding herself content to watch the ethereal light he emits ebb and flow in utter silence.

(She has no idea how strange she is - not yet.)

Another foal arrives, this one the most hesitant, and this time Cosmos cannot mask her pleasure. Her steps are quick but not aggressive, so strangely excited to meet a bright green girl. There is no hesitation in reply when Evenstar speaks, this time more audibly delighted: “Hi . . . I like your green. I’m Cosmos.”

Now, Cos flares her tiny white wings and turns to each of her new friends, staring for too long before calmly asking, “Do you guys want to play hide ‘n’ seek? I’ll be it.”

@[Kleopatra] @[aegean] @[Evenstar] i'm sorry cos has to intensely study and address everyone she's a weirdo :/

Messages In This Thread
    everything's gonna be all right! - by cosmos - 11-30-2018, 12:50 AM
    RE: everything's gonna be all right! - by aegean - 12-01-2018, 05:10 PM
    RE: everything's gonna be all right! - by cosmos - 12-05-2018, 12:08 AM
    RE: everything's gonna be all right! - by Myrkari - 12-05-2018, 04:27 AM
    RE: everything's gonna be all right! - by aegean - 12-08-2018, 12:16 AM
    RE: everything's gonna be all right! - by cosmos - 12-27-2018, 12:36 PM