• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  everything's gonna be all right!
    Finally, she has escaped the clutches of her mother.

Cosmos’ tiny, feather-light frame prances daintily through the foliage. Despite her obvious resistance, the little babe had convinced her mother to let her frolic in The Playground. The candy-pink filly is smarter than usual - having inherited her mother’s die-hard curiosity and restlessness. Though, her brain (even in its most youthful turnings) is more prone to philosophical and reasonable processes.

Each new plant, bug, and tree zaps her mind. She must stop here! and oh! here! - studying each and every outline of each and every leaf. How exciting it is to not be rushed somewhere by her mother, to not have to listen to boring adult conversations (though she does like learning all the adult words). Thinking of her boredom loops her thoughts around to Myrkari. Cosmos stops, takes a long look back, frowning at the thought of what her avian older sister was getting into. She misses her, no matter how strange.

The clearing is large, though not nearly the size of some sights in Tephra. Cosmos peers up one large tree. She throws her knees up against the bark, staring up and up and up, until she can no longer take it and whoosh! She is on the ground, weakly peddling her legs in the air.

@[Evenstar] also any other bab that wants to join
    [style] .Oracle_cont { position: relative; z-index: 1; background-color: #0f0f1b; width: 500px; box-shadow: 0px 0px 15px 1px #aaa; border-radius: 0em 0em 20em 20em; border: double #db8b66;} .Oracle_cont p { margin: 0; } .Oracle_image { position: relative; z-index: 4; width: 500px; border-radius: 0em 0em 20em 20em; } .Oracle_text { position: relative; z-index: 6; width: 400px; } .Oracle_msg { position: relative; font: 16px 'Amatic SC', serif; text-align: center; color: #db8b66; padding: 30px 10px 10px; } .Oracle_name { position: absolute; z-index: 9; text-align: center; font: 50px 'Allura', cursive; color: #1d1b29; padding-top: 20px; padding-left: 95px; text-shadow: 0px 0px 3px #c6c2d5; } [/style]

Kleo is nearly brand new.  Having only graced this land for a month or so, she is anything but shy and often wanders from the sanctuary that is the cove.  Ilma took great care of her, and she was beginning to figure out how to communicate.  Her brother Finch was teaching her a lot about how equines react without words.  A position of ear or twitch of tail could tell you all you really needed to know.  But when it came to greetings, she was a tad perplexed.

On a foggy spring night, she traveled to a dark pool.  The starlight from above glittered on the calm surface, and just as she looked up to the dotted skies, a stream of light cast across the midnight blue.  Kleo gasped in surprise at such a thing, a shooting star. Oh she had heard stories of such things and you were to wish upon them as they traveled bye.  Her tangerine eyes closed and she muttered to herself, I wish for friends...

When her eyes opened she was shocked to find herself miles from home.  This land was rich in timber and thick underbrush, something the cove lacked.  Nervously, her eyes shift to get her groundings before a wash of relief came over her.  You are safe Kleo, she tells herself.  With this affirmation, she leaps skyward.  Tiny hooves kicking into the crisp air.  Her rosey head tucks between her front legs and then she is jetting off.

It isn't long before she hears a soft thud.  While being mute came with its challenges, her other senses were quite heightened.  Her motions quiets as she turns an ear to the lands.  There is a rustling of weeds, her head twists in the sounds direction, seeing four thin legs flailing helplessly in the air.

With a worried plight, she trots over to the stranger -her purple fluff of a tail flagged high.  She manages to see enough in the dawning light to know it is a foal of her age and similar color.  She smiles, wide eyed and ears alert.  Lowering her head to allow her muzzle to press against the side of the struggling foal, she attempts to assist in getting her upright...

~Kleopatra~

@[cosmos] Cuz itd be cute for a starlight girl to meet a cosmos pony lol
    *a voice within the stars*

love is my religion. i could die for that.

It does not take long for the impossible boy to stretch his reach beyond his home.

He loves his mothers, loves his home, loves his family, but he hungers for more—hungers for the things he cannot see and touch and understand. And so he does. He finds himself in the playground, the land wholly different from his birthplace of the Cove and seemingly different from his true birthright home of Hyaline, or so he was told. Still, he is fascinated by it, dark purple eyes studying it all, wondering at what stories have started here, what friendships have been given root, what love has blossomed.

His heart thuds in his slender chest, his immortality rising above the disease that should have claimed him, and he steps forward, the soft glow of him nearly pulsing, although less in the light of day. He angles his head to the side, the sight of other children catching his attention. He is surprisingly quiet for a boy of such a young age, content to watch and think and lose himself in the beautiful patterns of his own mind.

But he is also not a recluse, nor particularly shy, and he eventually peels from his spot to make his way toward them, his steps graceful and quiet as he picks his own path through the bramble and weeds.

When he is close enough, he stops, watching them quietly for a moment—his gaze steady and perhaps disconcerting. His lips don’t curve into a smile but there’s a warmth in his young face regardless, a serene calm that will follow him all of his days. “Hello,” he breathes, youthful voice delicate.

Other words could come to him, could fill the space that separates them all, but none do.

Instead, he remains quiet, watching them both, galaxies spinning in his veins and spilling out before him.

i could die for you.

don't you dare look out your window,
    darling, everything's on fire;

She is not suppose to be here.

From the day she was born, she promised her parents to never leave Tephra. It wasn’t safe out there, they said. She could get sick, like her mother was, but she doesn’t know her mother any other way. She only knows her blood-stained kisses and her raspy voice, has fallen asleep every night to the sound of the rattle in her lungs. She saw the way her father worried over her, though — over both of them. He didn’t like seeing her mother so sick, and he was always afraid the same thing would happen to her, too.

Evenstar is not a disobedient girl. She is sweet and mild, contenting herself with her own made up games that she played by herself under at least one of her parents careful supervision. That’s why it is a one in a million chance that she ended up so far from home.

Even though she is quiet, she is not immune to child-like curiosity. Spring had brought with it all sorts of wonders, and she had been positively delighted when exploring along the border of Tephra, she had locked eyes with a fox staring at her from a shroud of brush. Without even thinking, and somehow without either parent noticing, she pranced towards it. The fox of course fled, and giggling in delight, she ran after it.

She is not paying attention as she tracks the small creature, not realizing how far behind her her home has fallen, and not keeping track of the twists and turns they take. When she finally catches a glimpse of the bushy tail disappearing into its den, she skids to a stop, but is still giggling as she turns to head back home.

Only, she has no idea what direction that is in. She can feel panic gripping her chest, but she swallows it away, turning rapidly in a circle as she tries to get her bearings. Trees. And trees. And more trees. Taking a shaky breath, she begins walking, hoping she will come across something to jog her memory.

Instead, she hears voices. Small voices, like children. Cautiously, she steps into what is known as the playground, peering around for the source of the sounds. There, she sees three others about her age, and she hesitates.  As badly as she wants to get home, her curiosity is piqued.

She steps forward slowly, her small ears flicking back and forth. She does not fully approach them, but instead stops a few strides away, her impossibly soft voice almost lost on the breeze as she says, ”Um....hello.” Her jade-green skin quivers, looking to each of them in turn, and she suddenly realizes that she has absolutely no idea what to say.

evenstar.
    come morning light, you and i'll be safe and sound
    Cosmos is peering up at the brilliant blue sky when Kleopatra wanders up. She turns her head to stare at the sunset babe, a wondrous smile spreading soft and charming across her face. The sight of the filly is followed by a concerned nudge (as concerned as a foal can be - more eager than anything). The pink foal rolls in the direction she is pushed, tucking her legs to the side then pushing upward with a slow and odd grace. Cos shakes out her fuzzy coat and short, curly mane, then takes a gentle step closer. Her eyes grow wide as she fully studies the pinks and oranges and purples as they chase each other across Kleo’s small body.

“Hi,” an uttering just above a whisper, tiny and sweet, “I’m Cosmos.”

The stare between Kleo and Cos is growing strange (though Cos will never mind silence or long gazes) when another foal breaks it. She drags (literally, she drags - she loves the other filly’s coat) her eyes to find a colt just as captivating. He is all white, glowing and too pure: the most fascinating creature she has yet to encounter. The gently inquisitive smile returns as she cocks her head and flutters her wings in delight. Not quite reserved but seemingly wiser than one would expect a foal to be, she feels the twinges of a kindred spirit (though she has no idea what that is other than a slight comfort in having him near).

Aegean’s soft hello prods the silence, not quite breaking it. Cos steps delicately closer, reaching her muzzle out to brush it against his before whispering another hi in the exact same cadence as before. The candy-pink girl does not say anything else, finding herself content to watch the ethereal light he emits ebb and flow in utter silence.

(She has no idea how strange she is - not yet.)

Another foal arrives, this one the most hesitant, and this time Cosmos cannot mask her pleasure. Her steps are quick but not aggressive, so strangely excited to meet a bright green girl. There is no hesitation in reply when Evenstar speaks, this time more audibly delighted: “Hi . . . I like your green. I’m Cosmos.”

Now, Cos flares her tiny white wings and turns to each of her new friends, staring for too long before calmly asking, “Do you guys want to play hide ‘n’ seek? I’ll be it.”

@[Kleopatra] @[aegean] @[Evenstar] i'm sorry cos has to intensely study and address everyone she's a weirdo :/
    to capture a predator, you can't remain the prey

Cosmos has wandered, away and far: long across the vast land of Beqanna where mountainous wolves linger in shadows and the darkness itself is more friend than foe. Myrakari has seen her: watching from the trees and vines as Cosmos walked and fled wild and fast through the borders.

“Going?” she questions, the rattling branches cacophonous as the weight of the filly is brought upon them and her leathery toes curls around each: teeth biting as she climbs down. Like Cosmos, she goes: those raptor-like talons sharp and dangerous: perilously gleaning as she bounces.

Pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat.

Onward across borders and through forests: her silvery eyes locked on her sister and hollow-boned body quick as she clamoured up trees and ran through the very branches themselves. Easier to navigate than the earth. 

By all means and in all ways: Myrkari is almost more bird than horse, and she springs from one branch to another: gliding like she has wings. It is when she reaches the playground that she tilts her head, blinks and studies it: watching as the world seems new and strange. Cosmos is gone already, unaware that Myrkari had even followed her; but the bird-like child taps her talons again and leaves scratches in the earth.

She does not see when or how Evenstar, Aegean, and Kleopatra got there; but they are with Cosmos and Myrkari feels a strange pang of curiosity. The bright light is warm, and she tastes the spring air and all the vast wilderness in the wind.

Pines and flowers, the spring water and brooks- all the frost melting, and through the rich green she moves with a predators ease. Like a curtain or a shawl, a hum of energy wraps around her and Myrkari sinks into the floor, passes through the soil as if she were not there: her body invisible as she stalks to them and finally surfaces directly next to Cosmos.

A brilliant reddish-blonde in body she seems almost golden; but her darker mane and tail are earthier and ochre in tone. Primitive markings on her legs and a stripe along her back are present, but while she looks all normal: her feet are not hooves.

No.

Rather there is a hairless, leathery patch of skin that stretches down and opens up into three frontal toes and one back claw: raptor-like and ever present with looming… dangerous talons. Her head cocks and those eerily pale blue eyes watch them. Silent but quick to recognize it, she speaks up: a whistle in her voice and an accent that rang familiar to the more western regions of Beqanna.

“Hello.” she chirps. “I am Myrkari, hi hi.” repetitive, but, solemn- she blinks: her mind questioning whether or not these new friends were just that… or if they were foe, or worse: prey.

you have to become equal in every way

Myrkari
    PVP: On
    Minor Injury, and Some Mutilation Permitted.

love is my religion. i could die for that.

They all come, like stars alighting on this earth, and he can only wonder at the multitude of them.

His pretty head, youthful and soft, turns to each in turn so that he can study them. First, the filly of jade with the quiet eyes and shy voice. To her, he gives a soft smile. He breaks forward, walking to her and pressing his pink and ivory nose into her neck as he has watched the adults around him do so often. He breathes her in, breath spilling over her neck before he withdraws just slightly. “Hello,” he greets, his soft voice a secret between them that brightens his jewel-toned eyes, touching the corner of his mouth.

The first speaks again, sweet and kind, and he turns his head toward her, ears flicking forward amongst the glowing mass of his forelock. She brushes her nose against his and he closes his eyes to drink it in, savoring the touch. “Cosmos,” he murmurs, letting the syllables roll around on his tongue and then nodding. Intrigued by the curls and the wave of her mane, he smiles, eyes brightening and the appreciation clear but he says nothing further, his attention snagged by the latest addition to the group.

He exhales, low and slow, enamored by the sharpness of her feet, at the otherworldly beauty of it and his lips tilt upward in the corners. “Myrkari,” his voice is full of wonder, intrigue, and he doesn’t bother to hide his curiosity as he takes in that which makes her different. “Have you always had those?” He asks, his boyish nose dipping toward her feet, toward the claws that scratch and flaw and hook.

He remembers, suddenly, how the girl of pink had asked a question, and he takes his gaze back to her, smile serene as it washes over his face. “I don’t know. I’ve never played.” He looks toward the filly who has remained silent, walking to her side, touching the sunset of her coat. “What about you? Would you like to?” He watches her, studying her eyes, before angling his head toward Evenstar and Myrkari. “And you?”

i could die for you.

i realized when i was 90% through that i skipped posting order a little. i'm sorry. don't hate me. :|
    [style] .Oracle_cont { position: relative; z-index: 1; background-color: #0f0f1b; width: 500px; box-shadow: 0px 0px 15px 1px #aaa; border-radius: 0em 0em 20em 20em; border: double #db8b66;} .Oracle_cont p { margin: 0; } .Oracle_image { position: relative; z-index: 4; width: 500px; border-radius: 0em 0em 20em 20em; } .Oracle_text { position: relative; z-index: 6; width: 400px; } .Oracle_msg { position: relative; font: 16px 'Amatic SC', serif; text-align: center; color: #db8b66; padding: 30px 10px 10px; } .Oracle_name { position: absolute; z-index: 9; text-align: center; font: 50px 'Allura', cursive; color: #1d1b29; padding-top: 20px; padding-left: 95px; text-shadow: 0px 0px 3px #c6c2d5; } [/style]

Hi... I'm Cosmos

A simple greeting is give to Kleo but all she can do is smile in acceptance of it.  Her eyes swirl with a hundred stars of the galaxies high above the blue washed skies and fluffy clouds.  When the pink girls eyes shift to find others having gathered, hers follow.  Finding each that have found themselves here unique in their own ways.  First a colt the color of the brightest stars is staring in curious wonder at the pair of pinkish girls.  Almost as if he is questioning his presence here.  She smiles -cuz honestly that is all she can do- at his salutation of a singular word.  

Her eyes then turn to the vibrant green of yet another youth.  Starlit eyes widen with envy at the foals fetching coat.  An uncertain Hello coming from the filly as well, she begins to turn her body towards the growing group.  With strength building in her muscles, she jiggs happily in place at all her new friends.

Cosmos then is addressing them all and suggesting a game hide and seek.  She turns her gaze to the group to see their reactions when yet another arrives.  The white colt steps to investigate them all and press his nose to each of them.  She is last and Kleos sunset head bobs in agreement, she has played this game many times with her brother Finch.  A half rear lifts her front hooves to scrape at the air in playful antics, before she is lunging herself forwards and into the forest to get a head start on finding the best hiding spot...

~Kleopatra~

@[Evenstar] tagging who is next Smile
    *a voice within the stars*
    don't you dare look out your window,
    darling, everything's on fire;

The pink filly is the first to move towards her, and while she is shy and quiet, she is not completely timid. An easy smile spreads the length of her lips, and cautiously she takes a step forward, extending her green muzzle to almost meet her own. ”Hi, Cosmos,” And even though she is not feeling as intimidated as before, her voice is still feather-soft, blinking her long lashes over her dark brown eyes as she takes in the other girl’s pretty pink skin. ”And I like your pink. My name is Evenstar,” Her eyes divert for a moment, as she adds with a lilting laugh, ”Sometimes my parents call me Max, though.”

She watches the silent  filly, the vibrant, sunset streaks catching her attention. It doesn’t bother her that the other girl doesn’t talk; she can see the brightness in her eyes, and she returns it with a shy smile of her own. She almost does not notice the ethereally white colt until he is alongside of her, with his soft muzzle brushing against her skin. With a swivel of her delicate head her doe-like eyes find his, and his hushed voice is not lost because it is so similar to her own. ”Hello,” She echoes his murmur, her jade-green nose lingering across his neck, as he had done to her. The demure smile that lifts at her lips is fleeting, like a flash of a star across the sky, before it disappears back into the reserved lines of her face.

When another arrives, avian and unique, and immediately placing herself alongside the pink filly, Evenstar instantly notices that she is….different. Not in a bad way, but her eyes are drawn to her talons, her head tilting inquisitively, but she does not speak up. For a moment her solemn brown eyes match up with the bird-filly’s blue own, and a smile glimpses across her lips, as she repeats gently, ”Hello, Myrkari. I’m Evenstar.”

Her white tail flicks at her haunches, and when Cosmos suggests a game, she finds herself glancing over her shoulder at the direction she had come from, anxiety slowly creeping into her mind. ”Umm…” Her hesitiation is obvious, as she turns her gaze back to the circle of foals, all of whom had already agreed to play. They didn’t seem to be worried about the plague, so perhaps she shouldn’t be either? She bites her lip, knowing that her parents would be worried once they realized she was missing, which they likely already had. The little jade and white filly never went anywhere without at least one of them. ”Sure, I’ll play.” She finally agrees, ignoring the threads of guilt entwining around her heart at the idea that she was somehow breaking a rule.

evenstar.
    come morning light, you and i'll be safe and sound

@[cosmos]
    It's shit and you all just have to deal with it.
    Most would start at the sudden phasing upward of Myrkari, but Cosmos merely casts a warm eye to her adopted sister. This behavior is simply normal: having spent months chasing her avian sibling while she hops from branch to branch, gliding effortlessly through trees as if they are not there, the pink filly is quite accustomed. Kari’s words are of no surprise either, chirping as if she were truly calling from a beak.

Each foal responds in turn, the glowing white boy asking the others if they would like to play. Cosmos appreciates his gentle consideration, so strangely graceful and wondrous for a boy his age. The winged filly is delighted to see they all agree to play, one of the girls even running off before the rest. She watches the colorful girl for a moment, lost in her dancing colors, before realizing she should not know where she hides (a quick drop of her eyes and tilt of her head, no embarrassment just thought). She gives the rest of the babes time to run off before returning to her tree, pressing her head to the bark and -

“One, two, three, four . . .”

Cosmos darts from the rough bark and into the waving grass of the breezy clearing. Her head curls to her tail and she runs in a few excited circles, dizzying herself to give the rest another advantage.

Now, she prances, wobbling to and fro like an untrained act on stilts. Where did they go? She giggles.

@[Myrkari] @[aegean] @[Evenstar] @[Kleopatra] Neo, I know you're on away but I tagged you just in case you still wanted to be a part of this thread!