• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [open]  show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Any

While there is little she can read in Heartfire’s carefully crafted features, Kora does not fail to notice how the frozen droplets disintegrate into thin air before reaching her. This time, the curve of her smile unveils a brief flicker of acknowledgement within her gaze – perhaps she, too, begins to feel a measure of affinity towards the other mare. Without missing a beat, she produces a wayward response. “I didn’t plan on any of this.” Stepping forward, the frozen wave that had formed almost artfully against her shatters to become broken shards of ice adrift at sea.

The glow of her blue eyes trails after them; sharp-edged, translucent, the pieces glistening darkly as the tide draws them inexorably to the depths from whence she’d came. “Since you seem to know so much about me already, I suppose I should ask to know more about you.” It isn’t a question, exactly, but there is a pause. An opening. Whether Heartfire chooses to use it or not would be her prerogative – outwardly, Kora’s attention is lax, appearing somewhat indifferent either way.

As the last fragments finally fade from view, she rounds on her companion. Her angular head tilts as she considers Heartfire. It was possible that she was in possession of other unseen talents, and a sigh slips from her lips. “My brother is sick,” she states, sounding strangely detached. “Are you able to help him?” Tied down by a deadened sense of duty, for now a part of Kora was bound to Leander’s plight – a dark fragment adrift upon a shadowed sea.

Perhaps that piece will soon fade, too.

kora

vanished winterchild of riagan and rayelle

@[Heartfire]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Any - by Kora - 12-10-2018, 10:11 PM