• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    to see where it is that you’re taking my heart; vulgaris
    Leliana

baby, when I'm in your arms, I can make honest sense of love and war's alarms

Something creeps into the happiness of the moment, something darker and sadder and she cannot shake it. She feels the very edges of it and does her best to ignore it, to turn her face to the sun and pretend that there is not an undercurrent to the interaction with Vulgaris—something that shadows his face and colors the time together. It grips her heart, squeezing it painfully, and she grits her teeth at the gasp that rises in her throat, holding back the ache that spreads in her veins, the telltale signs of what is to come.

Her hazel eyes bruise as she looks to Vulgaris before she dips her head, almost ashamed at his rebuke. “Of course,” she says quietly. “I’m sorry. You’re right.” She never wanted her daughters to feel as though they cannot stand strong, as though they cannot expect an apology and although she still feels that Dovev owes her nothing, shame burns her belly—a fear that her weakness will one day affect her daughters.

She does her best to shake it off though, does her best to pretend his words did not sting and looks down to her daughters, giving them both a warm smile. Adna looks to her curiously, studying her expression a little too closely for her liking and so she presses the hurt back. She murmurs at his explanation and his shrug, nodding quietly and leaning into his kiss, still hungry for his touch, for his acceptance.

Adna tilts her head, looking between the pair of them, eyes narrowing for a moment and Leliana steps forward, washing her face clean. “I promised you both stories, didn’t I?” Her crimson lips curve into a smile and she looks back over her shoulder to Vulgaris, eyes softening as she looks at him. “Maybe you all can tell me what you’ve been up to first and then I will tell you all about my adventures before we go to sleep tonight.” She gathers both daughters close, pressing a kiss to each forehead.

“How does that sound, my hearts?”

but there's something primal underneath and it drives this nothingness I seek

@[vulgaris]
    [Image: avatar-1975.gif]
    the heaviness in my heart belongs to gravity

Messages In This Thread
    RE: to see where it is that you’re taking my heart; vulgaris - by leliana - 12-11-2018, 01:13 AM