• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Where the stolen roses grow | Lie & Kensa

but you’d never get hit without earning it
    and i only hit you first ‘cuz i deserved my own hit too
    still it comes the time to call you out
    since i’m the one that you should be about

Solace’s returned greeting offers some relief, allowing a gentle smile to spread across Lie’s face. It is not long before Kensa’s scent draws close, causing the General to turn his head to watch her approach. She slides into his side, warm and sweet and everything he did not realize he needed until just then. The plague anxiety slips away, the exhaustion slips away - Kensa offers him strength when he is lacking. He curves his neck around her, nibbling at parts of her face he can reach.

A fleeting moment, but an important one - their attention quickly returns to Solace.

The thought of their little one patrolling draws a smile back across his mouth. How wonderful, he thinks, to raise a child in that way. The cremello resists the urge to cast a curious look at his dark counterpart, thoughts of a hypothetical child far too inappropriate for this occasion. Litotes’ eyes stay soft as he listens to Sol’s questions, resisting the urge to gush about Hyaline immediately. His excitement for his home is overshadowed by the violence of sickness, but his heart still beats for caring for it. Where the land is barren, the General sees opportunity for new life.

“Well,” he pauses, swallowing back the pain of discussing the couple’s sickness, “the both of us are sick, though I will seek out a healer for us soon. The days are not so hard as one who is plagued when we have such a peaceful land.” A wry smile twists his lips and darkens his eyes into something almost bitter. Peaceful, sure, because they are almost entirely alone. He does not allow that poison to spread, an apology on the tip of his tongue for even thinking it - focusing instead on the faces he has seen in Hyaline.

“I have yet to see anyone who is already a citizen of Hyaline. To new faces, we offer refuge here while still redirecting to the Cove for those that do not want to risk sickness - there have been a few of those,” Lie pauses again, allowing that information to register before continuing. “Another thing . . . I - well, I believe the plague has changed my DNA. Once I got sick, I started shifting into a lion. Perhaps Yidhra and Pangea can do something with that information.”

There is a lull, causing the cremello to stare at the ground while digging a single hoof into the dirt.

Litotes

@[Solace] @[Kensa]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Where the stolen roses grow | Lie & Kensa - by litotes - 12-20-2018, 03:51 PM