• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i'll be your reason to fight; daddy, anyish
    dovev

He'd told her to find a safe haven, but honestly, he didn't know the others aside from the fucking cold one and he sure as hell wasn't sending them there. So disaster or not, he led them here to where the Ischians of his home had found safety. He still intended to return to Ischia. It was where he was from despite the magician's betrayal. Here was safer for them though.

The trip was damn long for a little tike. Seemed a bit longer for him too, but probably just the sickness getting to him. He was pretty sure he took them the long way a time or two without meaning to, getting that fuzzy delirium sneaking in. He'd catch himself after a while and angle them back the right way. Just a little sight-seeing, no big deal. Little detour. Doin' that dad thing, maybe. Showin' his kid the world a bit.

The water was the hardest part. It was so draining on all of them. Dizzy wasn't exactly full health or anything, after everything. God, he fucking hated whatever she'd been through. She'd been so damn tore up. He reached out and touched her shoulder without thinking, just needing to feel that she was still there and still breathing. Still good. He might get her sick though, so he pulled back again.

He should've been there to protect her.

About halfway across was when things got real hard. Defy took it hardest, his little legs getting so worn out. Dov kept talking to him, cheering him on. "You got this, baby. Almost there. Doin' good. You gonna be fuckin' ripped with muscle when we get there, huh? You got this."

The moment they were on land, his boy splayed out, his little chest huffing and puffing and star-blue all soaked through. And damn, when those gorgeous black eyes looked up at his daddy, Dov fuckin melted with a soft smile. He reached down and nuzzled him under his little chin. "You did damn good, handsome. So fuckin' proud of you." They were safe now. He was damn glad of that.

He turned his head as a cough rattled through him, sniffling and lifting a foreleg to smear to blood from his nostrils. Damn, this disease. He checked Diz over next, making sure she was all good to go. Or as well as she could be. He'd failed her so badly.

"I'm gonna go look for them now," he told her quietly. He was beat but he was ready to continue. This was nothing. His gaze passed around them, looking for someone that could watch over them for him until he got back. Nobody was immediately visible, so he turned back to her again, then his eyes went to their boy. Well, they'd damn well know they were Dov's after seeing that handsome li'l guy. He reached out and nuzzled him again.

"I love you, boy. You rest a bit and take good care of Momma while I'm gone, okay? We're a team now. We gotta keep her safe and happy."

we're slaves to any semblance of touch

Lord, we should quit but we love it too much

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'll be your reason to fight; daddy, anyish - by Dovev - 11-24-2018, 11:34 AM