• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Blood is Thicker than Water [Claim]
    Nothing else mattered the second Kharon’s panicked shout rang out in his head. Kirby instantly showed him where he was, a beacon for his boy to race to his side. What’s wrong, baby? he asked, leaning in to press his side against Kharon’s, a quiet reminder that he wasn’t alone. I’m here, I’ve got you.

But he didn’t fuss over him or nuzzle him or sneak kisses to his cheek, his forehead, lip at his gorgeous forelock, not while there were far too familiar strangers about and apparently trouble brewing. Just focused on how damn much he loved his boy, and how he’d do his damndest to make whatever was wrong better.

God, and his boy was fantastic, wasn’t he? Being all strong and diplomatic and fuck-off with a hint of formality where Kirby defaulted straight to sass. They were good at balancing each other like that. Smart kid, huh? And to throw Tiphon into the mix, so clever, good point, take advantage of the fact that somebody else wanted to be the head honcho here. God, wasn’t he brilliant? Best kid.

Again though, all of it faded away the second Kharon told him what had him in such a frantic state. She’s gone. Fuck, there were only so many shes that could be, to put that look in his eyes. “None of your fucking business,” he bit back at honestly whoever it was who asked the question, he barely heard it to begin with, while passing the question straight back to Kharon. Who, baby? Kali? Kylin? Lacey? No, not Kali, he left Kali with Umbra. Okay. That was one safe, thank fuck.

In an act of perfect timing, Tiphon showed up to take care of shit. “Tiphon. Great. You deal with this shit, I’ve gotta find my girl.” Whether that meant his already timelost and alienated daughter or his stubborn goddamn beautiful woman, he still didn’t know, but it was only a matter of time before Kharon filled him in. “Fuckin' Tephra’s tryna take over, and/or my extended family’s a goddamn nightmare and shouldn’t be trusted, take your pick. Either way, I don’t have time for this shit. You wanna be in charge, awesome, you take care of it.”

And with nothing more than that, he ushered Kharon away so they could find their missing lady. Fuck. Whichever that might be.

((Okay sorry, Kromium's turn, apparently Kirby and Kharon gotta bounce and hunt down their Lacey. D: Good luck.))
    Bite my shiny metal ass.

Messages In This Thread
    Blood is Thicker than Water [Claim] - by Kromium - 11-23-2018, 10:39 AM
    RE: Blood is Thicker than Water [Claim] - by Kove - 11-23-2018, 07:39 PM
    RE: Blood is Thicker than Water [Claim] - by Kerberos - 12-01-2018, 02:45 AM