• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Blood is Thicker than Water [Claim]
    Kove
    Take Me to the Waters Edge

This island reminded me of Ischia, so much so I can feel the warmth of my mother's touch within the sea breeze.  My mind wandering and so do my legs follow.  Leading down the granule beaches, muzzle to the ground.  A rosey pink shell lays curled into the tide and my eyes examine each curved twist of bone.  With the sea waters lapping at my hooves, I am lost to this moment.  The gulls screech above me, drowning out -forever how briefly- the demanding voice of my brother calling me back to his side.

Begrudgingly I comply and at a leisurely walk I return.  My question of who, why and when are swiftly answered with a vague reply and I huff a deep breath from my lungs.  Slumping my shoulders in boredom as I settle in beside him.  At least I could see the ocean from here and get lost in the rhythm of the waves...

My daydreaming is harshly interrupted by a rough voice full of accusations.  My delicate face turns to view something that looks strikingly familiar to my brother but in a purplish tone.  I can feel the animosity building and Kroms body turns to shield me.  Still curious I peer from behind him and as I do, another has arrived.  All purple and white, with wings to boot.  

There is a giddiness that fights its way to the surface as this can only mean one thing. FAMILY! It wasn't the family I had been looking for originally but they were just as good.  In my happiness a glow of light begins to extend from my body and warm the metallic surface of my brother.  He is quick to remember I am here and ready to meet new people, so he introduces me.  Something the pegasus says though dims my light and I am quick to slip from behind my brother.  "Who's gone?!"  My voice is laced with genuine concern as my eyes focus on the pegasus.

I knew what is was like to have those you love disappear, and as I think of those in my life, my muzzle reaches for the suspended jewel resting against my breast.  A gift created by my brother, the gem was never far from me and so neither was my sister.  

Glancing to Krom with equal concern I am quick to offer my assistance, "I can help you look for them! If you'd like."  Nearly three years old, I have been left unhardened by a cruel world.  It wasn't that I hadn't known the trials of life, but I had chose a lighter path.  All of my siblings had.  Some may call it naive, but there was nothing childish about caring for others...

@[Kerberos] @[Kharon]

Messages In This Thread
    Blood is Thicker than Water [Claim] - by Kromium - 11-23-2018, 10:39 AM
    RE: Blood is Thicker than Water [Claim] - by Kove - 11-23-2018, 07:39 PM